Is it shallow if I am tall and only date guys as tall as me or taller?

I am 5'9 or 175cm

Most Helpful Guy

• this is a tricky one.. hmm.. I mean you are attracted to guys taller than you, NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. actually that's all I really have to say.. lol. if you don't want a guy shorter than you or of same height then that's your choice, its your life. it make cause the shorter people to become bitter perhaps, all depends on the individual, but that's not your problem. its not your job to satisfy other people, you want what you want, go for it. NOW if you happened to find a truly amazing guy, husband material, he walked through fire for you, saved your sisters life, etc and you still rejected him because he didn't meet your height preference... then I may very well consider that shallow as fuck. but still its your life, your choices.

• blast! forgot to mention a minor detail, hypothetically you and this guy also really really really really liked each other, went through a lot together.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am 0.7"/2cm taller than you and I am the same way though I wouldn't mind a slightly shorter guy :)
    It is completely fine. Nobody- I mean really nobody would ever call a 5'3" girl shallow if she says that she doesn't date a guy who is shorter than 5'3". It's just that it may be more difficult to find a guy who is as tall as you or taller.

What Guys Said 11

• Yes. The terms shallow is used to describe someone who judges somebody else strictly based on their physical appearance, while disregarding their personality. It doesn't matter if it is your preference or not, because believe it or not our preferences are usually based on shallow or superficial standards.

Not wanting to date anyone who's isn't 5'9 or taller is no different from a guy who refuse to date a girl because she's fat or has brown eyes or has black hair or has a crooked nose or has a birthmark or is too skinny, or has no ass or is too poor and etc. Why? Because none of those traits have nothing to do with how that person is or how they treat you.

The good thing is you're not alone, because EVERY single human being on this planet is shallow to an extent because we ALL judge others based on their outer appearance and we all have preferences that revolve around looks. Anyone who tells you that they are not shallow are telling you a boldface ass lie.

• People will try to justify this and dress it up as "preferences", which isn't untrue, but the fact remains that you're disregarding a guy because he's shorter than you. That's like me disregarding a girl because she's taller than me, or because she's an a-cup and I like d-cups, or she's got red hair and I prefer brunettes. Any surficial preferences are by definition shallow. So yes, you are shallow, and so am I, and so is everyone who has a physical preference. You can dress it up as "preferences" but they mean the same thing.

• I don't think thats true, cause being shallow means judging a person based strictly on looks which isn't the case here. She just likes tall guys more which is a preference.

• I'd disagree @kingxilzo. Height is also part of someone's looks.

• Nope, it's not. I haven't met a girl, yet, that didn't feel the same way. To be honest, I don't really care a whole lot if a girl is a little taller than me. Just as long as she doesn't feel uncomfortable by it. But, I've never met a girl who wasn't, so...

• I think that is reasonable

• Its not shallow, but its a bit unrealistic, as you are as tall, or slightly taller than the average guy.

• not at all.. everyone has their own preference? It's the same of a "superficial" criterium as some guys not date unfit girls.

• Nope. It's just a preference. I wouldn't tell someone that you aren't interested because they are too short though. People can't affect how tall they are.

• Nope, its just your preference. I only date girls with big boobs, that doesn't make me shallow!

• You'll make the little ones angry with that kind of preference.

• What height would you prefer guys to be?

• No, you just like what you like. I like tall, classy blonde chicks with blue eyes...

What Girls Said 9

• Yes. Realistically once you start dismissing groups of people solely based on what they accidentally inherited genetically, you have reached shallow territory. There are plenty of tall, hot guys who don’t deliver in other areas. You’re pretty tall yourself so I can see why you may do that especially if you wear heels. My big sister is the same way. However, if you’re going to do that then you need to accept now that you’re making your search for a damn good man even more difficult.

• Well as most of you here already know.. Am 5' 10" and my husband is 6' 7" .. That possibly answers your question.

• Of course not - there's nothing wrong with having preferences.
    I'm your height too and I can totally understand why you wouldn't want a significantly shorter guy.

• no you are not shallow.. you are human..

• I don't think so. I'm 5'8 and prefer the same as you. My height or taller. I think it's a preference and not shallow.

• Me too. He must be my height or taller. I don't think that's shallow.

• No it's not shallow

• I do the same... im 15 and 5'10" and I dont like to date shorter guys

• It is a preference which you are entitled to, but would you think it was shallow if a guy didn't want to date you because of your weight?