Which are guys more interested in?

Do Guys like Girly Girls, or Tomboys? or a mix of both?

is it a turn on if a girl likes things like skateboards, cars, and music (heavy metal, techno etc), but still dresses like a girl and likes makeup and things?

or do guys want a total girly girl? (cheerleader type)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most men would agree with me that tomboys are the BEST!

Okay, here is why men like tomboys compared to the high maintenance girls. THE HIGH MAINTENANCE PART! No man wants a high maintenance girl, they're too much work and are never satisfied no matter how much the guy does for her. It's an endless battle that we know we won't win.

Tomboys can relate to us. You all have a little guy in yourselves and are down to earth. You don't bitch and complain, you know how to have fun, and your more understanding. You also understand the male mind better than girly girls.

Furthermore, what guy doesn't want a girl that can play a sport with him, get her hands dirty, or just kick his butt in a video game. Yes, we secretly like the challenge. You also don't spend hours on make up or your nails, you can say you going out and be out the door in seconds like us. We don't have to wait around hours for you to get prettied up.

As you stated, your also less judgmental and self critical. You don't complain about your defects, you embrace them. No one likes a person that will drag them down.

So yes, tomboys are far more better than girly girls. So what if your not a girly girl, tomboys can relate to men a lot more than they ever could and that's a good thing! Communication is key in any relationship, and if you can communicate your golden.

Hope this helps you. Don't change and become a girly girl to get a guy. Be yourself, and wait for a guy that likes you FOR YOU.

• Disagree. I for one will spend hours on my hair and nails, have perfect makeup, and still play sports and videogames. I'm high maintenance but I do it in my own time - not every girl makes a guy wait around just because she's not done her nails yet. Some of us just start earlier so that we can be done on time. Just because we want to look immaculate, doesn't make us all bitchy.

Though I that if you identify as tomboy/girly, you shouldn't switch just to get a guy.

What Guys Said 16

• I think the whole girly girl vs. woman dichotomy really boils down to weather guys prefer a child or an adult.

The answer to your question? It all depends on the guy.

If the guy is just looking for sex, then an adult woman poses a serious problem. If the guy wants other things in addition to sex, then a child isn't going to be able to give him anymore more than just sex, no matter how much he tries to help her mature and become the woman he's looking for.

A guy who just wants sex, and nothing more; prefers girly girls. They are identical to children. They lack accountability and responsibility. They're emotionally immature and selfish. If things don't go their way, or if they don't always get what they want; they get angry. When it's time to be an adult, they shirk away from it with a variant of the child's "i'm just a kid"; "but I'm a girl" or "but you're a man". But that's fine for these guys, because it sure beats a woman who wants a family, and a social lifestyle and status to advance the well-being of the children, further their education and that whole mess. Women who have sex & are emotionally honest off the bat scare guys like this; because these guys know the expectations that are quickly going to follow. They don't want a woman or partner, they want a girl and toy. Girls are exactly like little children. You know the game-rules. Wait a bit so they don't feel easy or slutty, make them feel like they were a challenge and difficult, and rent them at the market price of any other escort so they don't feel cheap. They're the perfect rentable and disposable play toy.

But for guys who are looking for more than "just" great fun sex, the qualities you call "being a tomboy" are actually very attractive. It has nothing to do with dressing. A girl can wear a lumberjack shirt, have unkempt hair, wear no make-up and still be a child. The same way a woman can wear high heels, make-up and a dress, and be an adult. It's not the clothes that define the different between child & adult; it's the attitude and mentality.

A child needs a father, someone she can be dependent on, and have him do things for her because she is "too weak" or otherwise unable to do herself because she's "just a little girl" and he's such a "big strong man". An adult woman on the other hand abandons that attitude and mentality towards male-female relationships. She's looking for a "partner", and that's what a guy is looking for too. Not someone to save, but someone to get through light together with as a team. An equal; a woman; his woman.

In Europe, that's never an issue. A woman can still be a woman and be feminine. In the US though, a woman has to pick and choose. She can either be a mature responsible adult, or sexy, feminine and girly; but never both.

That's just not true though. You CAN be both, and I guess that's what all men want; a woman that's both of those things.

See:

- Zooey Deschanel in "Yes Man"

- Angelina Jolie

- Eliza Dushku

• Nice answer, and right on about being both! I wish more women could see the path to being feminine and strong, independent individuals.

• I like girly girls. From my past experiences tomboys usually have a chip on their shoulder and a poor attitude. I refused to drive an Ex`s car because we`d fight about how she thought I should shift it. Why downshift through every gear when ur comming to a redlight? She hated how I`d just put the car in neutral.

Now the girly girls I`ve dated, on the other hand. They don`t seem to fight with me about stupid stuff. And they don`t have as much to prove. I don`t date girls with somthing to prove anymore, I`ll hook up but that`s it. Girly girls are more positive. I look at it: if I wanted a guy I`d date a guy. Girly girls will still play sports and stuff. It`s nice to have one come out and ask how the work on the car is comming instead of arguing about how thick the new motor oil should be and what her dad said who does`nt even work with cars.

• HAHAHAHAHA That's funny. My ex-boyfriend used to do the same thing to me. I always just put it in neutral as I'm slowing down for lights or to turn and he always got on my case to downshift.

• definitely the option A. the tomboy who still dresses like a girl is far superior to the girly girl. more fun, less drama, more understanding, just plain cooler. plus youve already got hobbies and interests in common.

• I like a girl who can dress up and I like a girl who can role in the dirt too. It's all about moderation. I there is an extreme to one side then I simply wouldn't be attracted to them in the first place.

• personaly I like the tomboy that can still look and act like a girl someone that can kick butt and I don't have to worry about but still wants a guy to be around to protect her as far as the fads you listed just so long as she is herself then that is all that should matter

• i like a girl who looks hot but I don't care about makeup. most girls don't know how to wear makeup and it looks like sh*t. better to just not wear it.

yes it is pretty awesome if a girl is into cool stuff but also looks hot. I definately dig this. believe it or not I have known girls like this who are also cheerleaders. it suffices to say that is pretty hot as well because damn, you have to be real flexible to do that stuff and have a hot body.

• the guy is the variable.. it depends what your looking for.. if you wanna talk to a guy that's into the tomboy type deal you will most likely attract the type.. and cheerleader girly girls aren't always the prime choice.. I prefer a girl that is feminine but still is interested in sports but at the same time can be very sexy. That's my opinion

• It really just depends. I for one don't care for either extreme, if she's a "girly girl" but still has a fun personality and isn't some snobby little bitch then great. But if all she does is go on about makeup and shoes and shopping and crap then good lord get outta there. On the other hand I don't want nothing to do with a girl that acts and/or looks more like a man then a lady.

Oh and who the hell listens to techno?

• i like girls who are tomboys. but dress girly. little bit of both. I just don't prefer the whole tomboyish dress style

• I THINK ANY GIRL THAT LISNTES TO pUNK,goth,emo sh*t,heavy metal or any more of that B.S is f***in creepy

• I hate coming across the generalities. No guy is going to answer the same thing. I can tell you though as a 27 year old professional, no girl who skateboards would be attractive to me.

Some guys like a girl who will have a beer and watch a game. Others like the girl who would wear heels to a nature hike.

Just be yourself.

• if I had to chose GIRLY GIRLS haha that's kind of redundent... but if I could get a mix id take that but the mix would be MORE girly with a touch of tomboy. boom

• I like the girly girls, but that's just me.

• I like girls with a girly personality, but they dress very casually and tomboyish like jeans and t-shirts.

• Girly girls that aren't too feminine and don't mind getting a little dirty

• I prefer both. Tomboys seem to understand boys more than girls. Girls are sensitive and good for nothing.

• Girls are so not good for nothing!... this is me being upset and insulted!

Sorry, but, I'm not boy or interested in acting like one, and for sure that does not mean I'm sensitive and good for nothing!

Wow, what a stereotype...

• Ha, bit of a misunderstanding going on here. That comment right there is EXACTLY why girls say that guys are INsensitive and good for nothing. And you are never gonna find a less sensitive girl (ie mature enough not to throw temper tantrums) until you can be more sensitive (ie mature enough to care bout someone other than yourself) and meet in the middle.

What Girls Said 4

• the thing is, I've been many genres through out my time since highschool. I think some guys are actually smart to look beyond looks and the categories, there are so many. I've been preppy, goth, girly etc. I change how I look whenever I feel like it so it's different for everyone

• remember in transformers how Megan fox's character dressed girly but knew a lot about cars, I'm pretty sure a ton of guys found that hot. and have you ever heard the song "girl all the bad guys want" by bowling for soup that girl was kind of a tomboy but they found her super attractive, then again

some guys like girly girls better

• both

• guys are always going to be attracted to feminine girls, that's just how nature is