Girls, be 100% honest do guy's looks matter in short term/long term relationships?

• Yes, it is more important than the guys is
    29% (9)
  • No, it is less important. Personality matters more.
    71% (22)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

10

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it doesn't matter at all. For me it's more important that he appreciates my appearance. With all the things that I like in a guy, his appearance counts for less than 1%.

What Girls Said 9

• NO NO NO!!! Sweetness, kindness and the ability to make a girl laugh. Oh, and dependability is much, much more important!

• As said before by others, looks do matter when it comes down to feeling attracted to the other person. Especially in the long term i think you should feel attracted to each other, else you won't feel like you settled down for -harshly said- 'enough'. That being said, i believe you could date someone who you don't think is a 10, but rather a 6, because the personality can compensate for that a lot. So in the end personality is actually the deciding factor, not looks. Appearance just captures the attention :)

• You ask do looks matter and then your poll is completely different than the question...

Looks matter.

Personality matters.

BOTH matter.

• if you think guys and girls should have the same physical attractiveness, i want outer of my league girlfriend...

• Haha I know you downvoted me... Haha

But hey... you can try to have anyone you want. Good luck.

• Why does it have to be one or the other? They both matter. I wouldn't date a shallow male model, but I wouldn't date a dumpy guy with a stellar personality either.

• you need lots of things. i am shallow (only in looks wise) and i admit, that's why i asked this question. i want to get a girlfriend outer of my league. if you think i should not, you shoud not date a guy above your confidence and above your security level...

• you mean i can't have a beautiful gf? so, you can't have a secured boyfriend than...

• I never said you couldn't. I said do it if you can.

• It always matters but the importancy varies.

• than what is the poit of confidence and security?

• You have to be some what attracted to someone to be in a relationship with them but personality can make people more attractive.

• It plays a part in short-term, by the time you reach long-term it really doesn't matter.

• Yes. I couldn't date a guy I wasn't physical attracted to. Doesn't work that way.

• If a guy has a great personality, but I don't find him attractive, then there will be no chemistry and I won't date him. But I won't date an attractive guy with a shitty personality either. So yeah, looks matter, but so does personality.

• ok, what if a guy was outer of your league , but loves you less compared to another guy who is below average, but loves you more. who would you choose?

• i did not mean personality. i mean for you how he treats you does not matter

• Your question was "would you choose a good-looking guy who treats you worse or not so good-looking guy who treats you better". The answer is "how they treat me is irrelevant if I'm not attracted to them physically and emotionally, so I'll look at these two factors first".