Someone asks you to hang out but you don't really want to?

So someone asks you to hang out with them but you do not really want to because you just don't like them, or they are awkward and you don't really get along with that type of person, but as you don't want to be rude you say that you will hang out even though you really do not want to.

You reply to their message saying you want to hang out on whatever day it is, but then you get a message back saying " I know im awkward and I don't think you like me and I think you are only agreeing to hang out with me so you don't seem rude. If you want you don't have to hang out with me and we can cancel our hang out, message me back so I know"

How would you react to that message?

• Say "ok lets cancel our hangout"
  • Say "what are you talking about, I want to hang out" even though you don't want to
  • Don't reply to the message
  • Come up with an excuse to not meet up
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it just a hang out or is it a girl looking for/hoping for a date or something romantic? If it's the second of the two, you should just tell them you don't like them. It would make it easier for both of you and really she would appreciate the honesty. Otherwise maybe just hang out once, keep it as short as possible, and then do not agree again.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm so glad being a rude asshole prevents me from getting in these situations.

What Girls Said 3

• If you think or believe all of that, why are you asking me to hang out? I agreed to hang out with you.

• I would suggest a group hang out so there isn't pressure to pay all of your attention om that one person.

• Be honest and tell that person you don't want to hang out.

What Guys Said 1

• When that happens I say I have something to do... and that usually ends up being the case too