Is an active dating profile cheating?

Me and my girlfriend are about 3 months in, have a ton of fun.. head over heels for each other it would seem, we have the time of our lives together. We live about 2 hours apart for the next few months until we were planning to get an apartment together. There is one big problem though.. I see she has an active dating profile, I made a fake one and messaged her and we had small talk and when i asked her what she was looking for she said friends but "open to dating". I am hurting really bad as i trusted this girl and I am going to see her tonight and she's nonstop like I can't wait to see you, love u so much etc... it seems like she is so genuine and into me yet she's doing this... How should I confront this tonight at dinner? Is it cheating what she's done so far? She made the profile about a week ago and was only online for a day about an hour this week.

Most Helpful Girl

• Truth is, you have no idea if she's been cheating or not, that's the problem. People who are in a relationship and active on dating sites only really scream bad news, the fact that you made a fake profile and she said open to dating, dating doesn't mean relationship but casually seeing someone, I would be truly upset. She could have been feeling lonely BUT there is no excuse, If you don't want to seem psycho you could just change the story up a bit by saying "your friend saw her on it" etc. Best of luck x

• Do u think i should definitely say something then? Or just let it be and see what happens?

• Well you could ask all the questions about how she feels about your relationship, and it'll be nothing but positive, I'm not too sure because this little comment could definitely change the dynamic in your relationship so you have to be honest with yourself, would you be okay if you didn't bring it up? Could you live with yourself not knowing the answers? Or even be able to look at her in the eye knowing that she's done this? After you've answered these questions you have your answer.

Most Helpful Guy

• It will bite you in the ass when you explain how you found out about this. This will likely be turned around on you and she will be upset that you've been spying on her. Even though I understand your feelings I don't think this will makes things better.

I would keep my eyes open and see for how long she has this profile active and not make a big deal about this just yet. Maybe she is a flirt who likes the attention from many random men and doesn't really have the intention of dating others, she just want to seem available to get some attention.

• Thanks man, it seems most of you guys feel the same way I do about bringing it up. Im gonna keep my eyes on it and see what happens, as bad as it hurts me.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 5

• Continue with your fake profile and continue to flirt with her until the point of meeting... And set up a date... The look on her face will be priceless.
    You could try to confront her otherwise but she may just become defensive... Lie, and throw out the whole "oh you don't trust me", "why are you so jealous", type bullshit... the best thing you could do is set up the date and then casually bump into her as yourself and watch her sweat it out while she's waiting for her date to appear... Then bump her the news that the guy she is waiting for is not going to show because he's already there.

• She is just keeping her options open since your still early on in the relationship, I wouldn't confront her though. Reminds me of what my wife did to me before we were exclusive and she told me way after and I felt embarrassed and mad

• Thats how I feel man, everything is going so great... it just does not make sense as to why she is doing this though. I didn't plan on bringing up my conversation I had with her profile instead just hey "my friend showed me u had an active profile" Whats this? or dont even do that and just let it be..

• It's for attention at this point and a back up for her and makes feel better that people are interested in still while seeing you but it's just talking right now not cheating unless she plans to meet someone, I wouldn't bring it up

• I'd confront her about it.

• it is but i wouldn't confront her unless she gets on it gain

• Have you told eachother that you love eachother yet?

• Yes we have

• first of all you should talk to her and say that you noticed that she still has the profile up and open.
      DO NOT tell her you set up the fake account because that will show her that she can't trust you but when you confront her which should be as soon as possible bring it up in a calm way