Guys, just looking for an answer?

How do guys percieve confidence, strong selfesteem and a smart mind? My mom tells me most of them get scared or intimidate, that`s why men avoid a smart, confident, strong women who loves herself. Is that true? Explain why.Guys, just  looking for an answer?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• being smart girl is always a plus.. if the girl isn't smart i wouldn't be able to go far with it...
    being confident is different than being cocky.. i think its so sexy when the girl is confident..
    all what your mom told you scares away the guys who just wanna play around.. if the guy is smart enough and found such a pretty girl like yourself, and also smart, confident and strong if they are smart enough they won't let you go.. you are describing the perfect girl :)

What Guys Said 19

• That's not the problem. The problem is that some are very pushy and demand a lot from a man in many ways, and the man does not want his back broken on a high maintenance kind of girl. Also many don't want a shot caller as a wife telling him what to do all the time they like a laid back woman.

• Guys who have low self esteem avoid girls like that, because they themselves have low self esteem. They put girls like that on a pedestal as a idol of perfection that is considered too good for them so they don't even try. It's a fear thing.

Now confident guys or even some with just a moderate level of self esteem are not turned off by that.
    What they are turned off by are girls who have to rub your face in it. She HAS to be the know it all in all scenarios or even belittles you if you make a mistake. Or a girl that refuses to let you help her, because "she got it and doesn't need no man to help". Those are extremes that guys in general don't like. Confidence and smarts are fine, just don't be overpowering

• Nothing wrong with confidence, strong selfesteem and a smart mind, in fact I like a strong women someone who can challenge me physically as well as intellectually.

As for being scared or intimidated none of those things come to mind when I look at you.

• I guess it goes both ways, I think it has to do by the way we grow up, our family, values and inner education from home, I think your mom is giving you the time you deserve but not all of us are in te same circumstance, however that does not mean failure at all, we can alway teach ourselves and learn from other about confidence, the fact that faith in God is a good source for value and growth for everybody. As for me, if the girl is cute and I like it? I'll go and talk to her, you gain more confidence also as you mature,(being there done that kind a thing)

• It's simple. A strong woman comes across as masculine. Men love confident and smart thou. That's because he won't have to hear about her insecurities like do I look fat? You should realise this technique your mother is using is a psychological technique. She's blaming men for not liking those types of women but cannot come to terms with the fact that men dislike other things about those types of women.
    In psychology it's a known fact that people say these types of things to protect themselves from the truth which is being suppressed in the unconscious.
    Anyway people who claim to be confident and sstrong feel the need to prove themselves so in reality they are insecure which May be the reason the guy doesn't like her because it's obvious she's faking confidence.
    Are men avoiding you or your mother? You dont look the slightest intimidating. I would approach you lol I never get intimidated by women. Intimidating someone is more to do with your appearance whether it's welcoming and approachable or not.

• Well we never ever aviod smart, confident women definitely because that is way easier than going with a stupid woman 😂 but most guys avoid them because over confidence and super smart will make the guy look like a dumbass... you maybe because of that. But I would not mind whether the girl is smart or confident or not 😉😄

• All those things you mentioned are good qualities however, some girls do let that go over their head and it can get the better of them plus i know some employers don't like that because they will feel that the girl will be coming after their position very soon due to their nature. But overall, i think its good for men to have a strong woman behind them. Like the quote says "Behind every successful man is a strong woman"

• How do I perceive it? confidence... good, strong selfesteem... good and a smart mind... great!

The opposite though... no confidence... bad, weak self-esteem... bad and a dumb mind... terrible!

• Thats not always true most men want a woman that has her shit together not a ditz lol every thing you just discribed is what most men want in there life there is nothing more of a turn on then a woman that is confident in her self and her desicions self-esteem is a big turn on no one want a gurl that thinks low of her self but not to high that she is better then her mate the only men that dont like those quailtys are self center peices of shit lmao just being real

• It's that we are amazed, and it just makes us intimidated. Have you heard "She is out of my league" and we believe we ain't good enough for you.

• You kiddin', those qualities are very attractive, especially intelligence. Obviously, I don't want her to be so confident that she'll think she's too good for me :P but confidence and self esteem are very desirable qualities...

• Umm yes... though I am not intimidated by looks or smartness I am intimidated by the personality...

• "My mom tells me most of them get scared or intimidate, that`s why men avoid a smart, confident, strong women who loves herself. Is that true? "

How would those guys know any of that about the woman without approaching her first?

• I would perceive them as having those qualities.

• They're more intimidating in a good way. It makes me want to be more the person they deserve.

• Well i am confident about myself I am smart and normal looking that's me and I wish to see one question of u without a pic 😂😂

• I love Romanian women, I don't know why a man would avoid them

• LOL I love the 2 random selfie post

• Not very smart, low self-esteem, guys who lack confidence but who don't want to be subordinate in a relationship do. That's most guys but far from all.

The problem smart, confident, high self-esteem women have is most of them want a guy who is equal or better on those counts so they only want a small minority of men. The guys who have the characteristics they are after usually don't really care if a woman has all those things and most women, even the ones who don't have those characteristics also want a guy like, that so they have a lot more potential partners.
    You are just going to have to work harder and smarter and get lucky to find that kind of guy.