Guys, Could you date someone with binge eating disorder?

Binge eating involves two key features:

1) Eating a very large amount of food within a relatively short period of time (e. g. within two hours)

2) Feeling a sense of loss of control while eating (e. g. feeling unable to stop yourself from eating)

I binge like 3 times a week where I eat 3000cals in one sitting and then I am usually upset. Cry. In a bad mood.
I've been suffering fom this since 1 year.

By the way my weight is still healthy (170cm and 55kg..) because I also have days where I eat below 800cals..

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I have it myself occasionally but I don't get emotional about it. I wouldn't want to date an overly emotional girl no matter what the cause, really. Also if she really can't keep it in check (I do it less than once a week) it may cause all sorts of health-issues in the long run as well.

• I mean, you don't have to be overweight to be unhealthy on the inside.

What Guys Said 12

• It's damaged goods without a doubt and the binge eating just hints to way deeper lying issues.

So it certainly is a red-flag. If everything else fits AND the girl is willing to work on her issues - yes, then I would. If she just wallows in her self-pity and binge eatnig and whatnot, no - I will not bother with a burden like this.

• I could date her. But I would help her get over it. If she is not willing to do something about it, I might decide to go away

• No I will pass cause than they would constantly be asking me every 5 seconds am I pretty? And that will drive me insane.

• No, why would she do that?

• Wow... you should see a professional for help, you really shouldn't be dating with a disorder like that

work on yourself first

• thanks for your opinion! Imagine you started dating a girl and everythings fine and then she tells you what's secretly going on. Would you be... disgusted by her or something?

• I would be scared and worried for her... not disgusted, but it would be a lot for someone to handle

• If she is actively getting help to overcome her eating disorder, yes. But, I wouldn't if she is refusing to get help.

• No I would not. Too problematic.

• "then I am usually upset. Cry. In a bad mood. "

No.

• Well I'd be worried about all the emotional baggage that comes with it. I don't care that much about when/how you choose to consume your calories though lol.

• Depends how fat she is.

• Probably not as I can't even eat that much food.

• it's OK but this is important to keep training

• You've depression, a bad case of it, and could be lethal