Why can't men talk on the phone anymore?

It seems like you guys have become so submissive

Most Helpful Girl

• My niece once said there is a term for this. Those that just want to talk on the phone are called "Phone Talkers". Is this true? Is this becoming a thing?

All I know is that she was trying to meet me someplace while walking along the sidewalk, and I was driving and couldn't find her. Her insisting on texting made this conversation take 10 minutes to type, wait for a response, and type a new response, etc.:

"Where are you?"
    "In front of the library."
    "Do you want to just meet there?"
    "Okay."

If she just answered my PHONE call, this exact wording would have taken five fucking seconds.

• Is she trying to save money on dialups? Lots of people text cos its cheaper than dialling

• No I know we all have unlimited talk and text. She's just a chronic message-typer. Loves her Twitter, Facebook updates, texting, if she can swap from one social media site to another she'll carry on more than one conversation. Meanwhile, someone like me is sitting there going, "Chrissakes can you just save me ten minutes and crack it down to five seconds to tell me where you are on the phone?" I showed her my phone and literally it took ten minutes to get those four lines out of us because she would get the message and sit there for a few minutes before answering.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you trying to talk to men on the phone?

• well, yea I am bi sexual. However, that is not what I am saying. I am saying men like you can't talk on the phone anymore

• What makes you think I can't talk on the phone anymore? I choose phone convoy over texting but these days most people rather text

What Girls Said 3

• "It seems like you guys have become so submissive"

Listen to me, son, you will from now on never talk again on the phone!!
    Obey me now because I say so!

www.reactiongifs.com/.../yeah-right.gif

• Looks like some one needs a trip back to the dungeon. Hold on let me get my whips and handcuffs. (Brings her to the room and the sign says "RED ROOM OF PAIN")

• 😏😈 so I can punish you for disobeying?

• Totally agree!! This is a pet peeve when a guy constantly prefers to text for hours on end at night instead of just a 10 minute or so phone call

• Thankful that I do not have this problem. My man is old fashioned and prefers to have a conversation over the phone, as do I. We do text now and then if it something brief or if we are busy and for some reason cannot talk and whatever it is cannot wait til later. On days I do not see him, which is most days, we talk for a bit in the morning/afternoon and then usually again before bed.

What Guys Said 6

• I guess some people prefer to talk in person instead of over the phone. Some men where born before the Internet and cell phones, you see.

• I don't use my phone all too much when it comes to relationships. I use it mainly to set up dates and for emergencies.

Spending hours on the phone with someone you like is counter-productive, you should be talking to them in person.

• Hey, we owned the phone in my era, lol. That was the only means of communication, aside from CB radio. Yeah, we so pwn3nd that.

• It's not just guys. The real question is "why don't people under 30 talk on the phone anymore?"

• Because you have let technology turn you into passive human beings

• I'm seeing signs of this breaking. Yes, doing things behind a computer or through text seems "safe", but if you're that safe you're not really living. Anyway, one of my friends has daughters, but only her youngest actually makes phone calls.

• Talking on the phone makes me feel awkward.

• About what? What are you implying?

• THAT you have become a passive whimp

• I'm going to assume you're not talking about me , but I don't really sit and have convo's on the phone with guys unless they're like family. Plus STRAIGHT men usually will talk to one another more in person. We're not going to sit on the phone for hours talking to a guy like we're fucking in love with him. Maybe that's YOUR cup of tea but it isn't mine.