My Dad says he doesn't want me to date?

He says he fully trusts me to not go to far (I'm 13) but he doesn't trust any guy whatsoever to not want to go too far. He says guys just want to get into a girls pants in 8th grade? Guys, is that all you thought about in 8th grade? I'm sure there are a lot of respectful guys but my dad thinks they are all the same?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, all I'm gonna say is, when I was 13, there was a lot of things that my parents told me which I considered wrong at that time, but when I got older, I realized that they were right.

• When I was 13 I wished to have that buble shampoo not date WESTERNS lol

Most Helpful Girl

• You are a bit too young to be worrying about it. Maybe it's just different generations, but at that age I still played with my dolls. For now, I suggest you concentrate on your studies and hobbies. Don't rush into adulthood, it's not as cool as the society leads you to believe.
    There are plenty of nice guys out there. I had a whole bunch of male friends growing up and they never tried anything. Admittedly I didn't have any "boyfriends" until early twenties.
    Your dad sounds a bit overprotective but you are his little girl and that's totally understandable. I wish my dad was alive to tell those things to me... Good luck.

What Guys Said 12

• At 13 I was too busy playing chess to worry about girls

Uhmmmm hmmm
    Depends on the kid
    If you like a guy who is nice and gets good grades go for it!
    But don't date the popular jerk type.. He will be trying to get some action

• You don't want to start dating at 13, wait til you're like 16 or 17 for that kind of stuff because people are more mature by then.

• Ehhh... not really. They are still immature even at that age, too.

• Less so than at 13. A 17 year old is physically and mentally better suited for dating than a 13 year old. And some 17 year olds are fairly mature, so it isn't fair to generalize like that. Truth is, you have to draw the line somewhere and if we wait for most people to act consistently super-responsible then we'd start dating in our late 20's. 17 seems a good enough age to me, it's when I started dating and I don't feel like waiting longer would have made things better.

• He got a right idea you're young , just be careful dating

• He's just looking out for you. If I have kids, I'd be a little strict with them

• I never even thought about sex when I was 13 but then again I was a late bloomer.

• i dont like overprotective dads. i find that a but gross in my opinion. the dads who wanna keep their little disney princess pure and locked away forever. grody.

• Pretty much, every young teen male is controlled by his hormones. Some may be more respectful toward you, as a way to "earn" the fooling around.

• Ur dad got a point u should respect his orders

• I wish I can date you but you are way underage and not just a little. And yes I have to admit I would want to get I you lr panties. And yes most guys do.

Maybe wait a bit.

• ^ Pedophile over here ^

• Most people understand that the term 'pedophile' can be used as a catch-all term for 1) people who are pursue sex with a minor and/or 2) people who are consistently sexually/romantically interested in people who are younger than the legal age.

You are correct that you cannot control who you are attracted to, but you can control what you say to them and you can stop acting surprised or offended when someone calls you a pedophile for expressing your sexual interest in minors.

• @tyber1
      I am not offended. Just setting the facts straight.

• There are some good guys in 8th grade but you have to look out because most of them will or try.

• Yeah, I think your dad is right. I will admit, I was horny in 8th grade. In fact, I recall this girl that was in my class. She could've passed for a freshman or sophomore in HS even though she was only in 8th grade. Anyways, I got horny of her every day. In fact, she was a big reason I couldn't concentrate enough in school. Her and other girls. There may be a few respectful guys, but sadly it's truly only a few. Sadly, I'm not one of them.

• well said dad!!

What Girls Said 6

• You're his responsibility until you're 18 years old and its his job as a parent to help you make the best decisions that you can make until then and dating at 13 isn't a good decision and the fact that you think it is, just goes to show why he should be making that decision and not you lol.

• You're 13. You don't need to be dating right now.

• They really are all the same at that age, girls are more mature, guys aren't.
    Plus, nothing meanful and lasting is coming from there.
    Of course not all the guys are gonna like, rape you..
    But he's just helping to steer you clear of unneeded pain

• 'more mature' not really. 13 year old girls are not much more mature than 13 year old boys, the immaturity just manifests differently.

• Honestly at 13 I think it's best to wait. Your dad only wants to do what's right for you

• 13 is too young and your dad is right, all boys that age are the same

• You should do whatever you want.