Boyfriend of 11months went back to his country to visit his family, should I be worried he hasn't text or call me in 4 days already?

We have been dating for a good 11 months, he went back few weeks ago, and there is a couple of hours in time difference. We did however had a few minor arguments and he said i complained a lot as he was away and we were spending less time texting and calling sometimes on every other day. Our last conversation was normal and he was sweet. Am i being paranoid that he's losing interest and dumping me or he just too busy with family and celebration for eid. Should i be worried? I didn't want to text as i was waiting for him to initiate first, but i did saw him online on other social media for awhile. He did not to text much in general, but four days is the longest. How long should i wait? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are both 24, attending university and while he's away i would spend time with my family or read more but i am worried about him being distant, he will be back in a week. I am afraid that its over and he does not have the courage to tell me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lot of people will leave all sudden like that and go back to their own country, it doesn't mean he's not interested in you it could be he is busy with his family you seem clingy no offense and need a man up your *** 24/7 .. I highly doubt that it's over between you two.

• I can see you want more more of him and can't get enough of him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a husband out in Egypt and there are a few days in between that he is busy with family and with Eid Here, dear, the feasting and family keep this busy time flowing and Going. However, he was On for me yesterday and he says Everything is fine now with things calming down.. I have had to endure this for over 4 years now.
    However, if you have seen Him 'Online on other social media for awhile,' he could very well be taking some time from you and just doing his own free bird Thing... With spending time texting and calling less right at the moment.
    You say it has been 'Four days,' and being you both are this supposed birds of a feather, I find him a bit inconsiderate leaving you home to wonder and worry with not even a peep.
    If you don't hear from him after this weekend, text him yourself and try and get to the bottom of things. He could have talked your own problems over with the family and maybe they gave him some advice which might also make you want to... Ask him if things are alright in Denmark?
    When he Does come back and you see some 'Distance,' you both need to get on the same page so your relationship doesn't end up Going... South.
    Good luck. xx

• His friends and his sisters do follow me on instagram and facebook and they liked me. I do understand he needs time off with his family and friends, that is why i did not contact him otherwise. I just hope when he returns he won't be avoiding me or worst breaking up because i feel that 4 days is a long time. Guys are always weird, they could come back as if nothing happened or dump you by ignoring.

• So i texted him and he act as if nothing happened, so i asked why he didn't contact me for 4 days. He said he needed time away from everyone. What if i didn't text him today. He said he would wait til he comes back in a week. Is this acceptable? What if he continues this cycle tomorrow?

• It wasn't fair of him to Keep you guessing but with Him, I figured it out that this is what he may have doing, his own thing. And yes, could very well turn into a full circle problem pattern, look for it and if so, Time to talk and squawk. xx

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't leap to those conclusions, not 11 months in but you two should be communicating. If he needs time for his family he needs to tell you so you're not left wondering what's happening but he might not know thats how you feel so you have to tell him. It really doesn't sound like the end of a relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• He could be very busy, especially away with family. However, I don't think that many days should pass without speaking. It takes less than a minute to say hello. It doesn't even have to be a conversation, but just the act of reaching out is better than nothing. Hopefully he will have a good reason for you.

• His friends and his sister are always liking my photos in instagram. I just hope it turns out fine otherwise he would have told them we have broken off? Yeah that was why im worried because it takes less than a minute to say hello 😔

• I don't think that is acceptable. You are not supposed to be part of "everyone". Being his girlfriend, it should be a priority to talk to you. He should just WANT to do that. I would feel frustrated, and tell him to be honest. If it's not working out anymore, then say he needs to say so, so you can move on, rather than stringing you along out of fear of hurting your feelings. The dragging hurts the most. One of my favorite quotes goes something like, "if you want to leave, the door is open. If you want to stay, the door is open. But please don't stand in the doorway, you're blocking traffic."

• Um. Relax. International SMS rates are astronomical. I personally wouldn't expect to hear from anyone while they're on a vacation, boyfriend or no. If you don't hear from him after he gets back, then you should worry.

• Maybe you should text him first? Who knows maybe he's thinking the same about you..