How to tell if a guy likes me over text?

I've been texting with a really nice guy for several weeks now.
how can i tell that he's genuie interested in me?
and is the usage of emojis in texts an indicator of if or how much he likes me or not?
and how can i make a guy ask me out over text? (i'm currently not in the same city as him)

What Guys Said 1

• You can't tell if a guy likes you or not only off texting... Too many people have texting personalities way different than how they are in real life. I would not ask him out via text either, give him a call! it is far more sincere

What Girls Said 1

• Well, if he's been talking to you for weeks, and has been consistent, I think shows he is interested :)

• but the thing is he never called me by my name and yesterday morning i sent him a text that i'll return to London in 2 weeks and until now he hasn't replied

• In that case, I think your best bet would be flat out asking him where you guys stand. A clear answer is far better than having to play the guessing game. Also, you don't want to invest any more time in someone who has no intention of moving forward with you, romantically.