What is the deal with this guy?

So, I went out with this guy once. I didn't really hear from him for a while after that. He told a mutual friend that he liked me. But, he doesn't really talk to me. He will randomly out of the blue text and say hi. I will reply with something like hey, how's it going. He will reply good and you. I reply, and that's it. He just goes silent. Until like a week goes by and he does it again. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• nervous i'd say. if u go wid wot this mutual friend of urs say... then take it as he's nervous... and he feels uncomfortable talkin to u, but at least it seems like he's tryin to make some effort.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he is expecting you to initiate.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Why are you waiting for a guy who doesn't know what to speak to speak to you? If you're interested and want to lead him on, why don't you start the convo? Ask him questions that he can broadly respond to and not close off a convo. He might also want to see if you're interested in him to talk to him. Else he'll back off.

• What an asshole? wasting your time

• Maybe he's shy and doesn't know how to start things. Maybe you should end your last reply with a question or something so he replies back