Girls, how do you politely let him know your not interested when he texts you for a date?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• "I'm sorry, I don't really see you that way. :/"

Or "I'm sorry, I'm just not interesting in dating anyone right now."

Whichever is the truth (and if both are true, I go for the first, because there's no sense in giving false hope and disappointing him even more later).

What Girls Said 7

• I would never give someone my phone number if I didn't like him, so chances are this wouldn't happen... BUT if it did, I'd just let him know - clearly and simply - that he might be cool, but I'm not into him like that.

• I usually just tell him that we don't have enough in common. Which is usually true. Because if I do, than I usually go on the date.

• "I'm flattered but now is not a good time for me, but thank you that's very sweet." Followed by, "would you like to be friends though? ☺" or "you're an amazing person and I appreciate your friendship."

• If he made it clear it was a date, I'd just say 'I'm flattered, but I don't see you in that way. I'd be down for being friends though'

However, if he just asked me to hang out (could be friendly as well) I'd just be like 'yeah it'd be nice to hang out with a FRIEND. You're like a BROTHER to me', etc. and hopefully he'll get the picture.

• I just say no thank you; not interested. Simple as that, no need to add excuses to it. But usually when a guy asks me on a date I say yes because you never know who your prince charming is.

• I once told a guy that I wasn't interested in that I didn't know him well enough and wasn't ready to date. It worked and we are still civil with each other now. You could also tell him that you aren't ready to commit right now and that you are enjoying being single and by yourself for right now.

• I say you tell him that you don't feel Like you're in a position where you can take things further with him without leading him on