Is there such thing as a 'good' boyfriend?

i'm asking because like every guy I've ever been with is either too immature, too boring, too abusive, too controlling, too manipulative, too sensitive, too sweet, or just too clingy.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Only you can define who and what a ""good boyfriend"" is. For some people being funny can be a good thing, where others see it as being immature. Some people may like boys because of certain attributes like the sensitive ones while some other girls like to be dominated or vulnerable to some guys, if that makes sense. You just haven't found someone that suits you yet.

Basically one good boyfriend for you, will be different to someone else, so that only means you can define what a good boyfriend is to you.

Hope that makes sense, feel free to ask for more advice and whatever if you want to know anything more
    Hope this helps.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just bad luck

What Guys Said 19

• Well no guy is ever going to be perfect just as no girl will ever be perfect. Of course there are guys who would make good or even great boyfriends. It's just everyone has those drawbacks you have to decide what you can put up with

• Sounds like you are too picky
    Maybe you should do some introspection and see if you are a good girlfriend before judging others

At 17 years old how many serious bfs could you have had to come up with this conclusion?

Yes there are good men out there, dont take any relationships seriously you are really young, just have fun, if it isn't fun or you feel like its not worth it move on
    Dont worry on finding a perfect guy it ain't gonna happen, just look for a guy who is what you need not what you want...

• There are guys out there in your age group who are confident enough NOT to be clingy, immature, abusive, controlling, manipulative. There are some like me who can be sensitive, but sensitive to the needs of others, not sensitive in getting upset at anything. Too sweet? Boring? Well you judge if I'm like that. I don't mind a bit of criticism!!

There are also guys who don't use drugs, smoke, abuse alcohol and deplore violence. Things that are more important than anything.

• No one is perfect, you just have to find a guy with traits that don't bother you much and other traits that you like. You probably haven't found the right one for you yet.

• What? You think there are 0 good guys in the world based on your experience with a couple of assholes and you're only 17?

Pfft...

• I didn't say there weren't any. I was asking if there were..

• Asking if there are, Implies that there currently are not.

Like i said, You're only 17, and have likely just had a bad experience with a couple of dudes, You got your whole life ahead of you, Im sure you will find a non dickhead in that time xD

• don´t blame it on the guys if you can´t find the right one. maybe you should lower your demands because humans don´t come out of the box just like you want them. it´s a long process of getting used to each other even if you fit well together.
    also: did you ever think about what you bring to the table before being so demanding about your partner?

• Well you're a woman no matter what a man does its never gonna be enough for you

• Too sweet?

• No. You want all those attributes to be present at the same guy with the correct ration of mixing. Not possible.

• You probably have a narrow preference of what you find appealing.

• Too sensitive? Too sweet? LOL Is there really such a bad thing?

• Yes there is, but the higher your standards are the longer it will take to find him.

• Then stop choosing to date those guys.

• too sweet was bad for u? and too immature & too abusive was bad for you? -.-

These are 2 opposites and u just did not like them , what do u expect?

• someone in the middle. not all sensitive and clingy, but not a complete asshole.

• I did not look at ur age first when i wrote this , my advice is to wait , u will find better men later

JUST 1 advice , if u try to find a mix of everything in 1 package , then no u won't find a man like that , every man has an attribute to his character that makes him special , maybe make ur preference a big wider or u will think all men are bad which ain't true

• Not for you. I'm sure no matter how perfect the dude you'll find something wrong with him.

• Some people can't be satisfied and the grass is always greener, but I still vote A!

• Well my parents have been together for over 30+ years and I don't see them ever splitting up.

• wtf do u want in a boyfriend then

• Most women have such high standards that they can't help but be disappointed.

What Girls Said 3

• There are good men out there. Be patient. Your prince charming will arrive in due time.

You're only 17, it's normal for some guys your age to be immature. Wait a bit, preferably after college to find a man of good worth.

• Yes, but what's good for me isn't necessarily good for you.

• I believe so, but it will just take any girl a bit of time and luck to find one that is what she is looking for