Guys, my bpyfriend seems to spend more te on social media than texting me.. Is this normal?

Everytime he's on social media hescliking girls pics. If he is busy doing that.. Is he ignoring my messages?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I could find myself doing that if they were just friends of mine. Some girls I went to school with (that I'm not interested in, but was just good friends with) post pictures on Facebook sometimes and I'll usually like them. However, I also don't always reply to my girlfriend's messages right away (when I was still with them before they broke up with me because they didn't understand why I didn't reply right away.) I'd like to be able to have a girlfriend, but still have a life outside of her, as well. Until I'm married and have kids, I don't see why that's really an issue to still have friends that I want to talk to, as well, sometimes instead of her. It's not because I don't like her, but because she's not my life. She's a VERY important part of it, but not "it" itself.

What Guys Said 11

• personally i dont like texting too much when it becomes the way 2 people communicate, I always make sure to have face to face time with women I date and I really don't hang around social media looking at what other people are doing or wearing. No reason to be logging into facebook more than once a week if people you know already know how to reach you by phone.

• You need to layoff the texting. My girlfriend texts me irrelevant things and I get annoyed because I dont know how to answer lol. Girls dont understand guys text eachother when they want to talk about something specific and it's usually gets to the point then they stop messaging eachother for the day lol. Girls text random shit like a pic and all you can say is haha or lol. So it's easier to aavoid the convo rather then message back bullshit.

• Sadly this is becoming normal and it sucks. It could be a warning sign that he's more into someone else but it's more than likely just a sign that he likes the stimulation of knowing EVERYONES social life all the time. Aside from this site I have a FaceBook profile that I mainly just use for my family to share photos of the kids but aside from that I try to avoid it; I know it's a major time trap. I'm also in the camp that believes it can be an addiction similar to how people get extreme anxiety when separated from their smartphones. People need to step back and get a dose of real life sometimes. Ironically I say that while typing on a messaging board...

• You need tell him if you feel left out that he spends more time on other social websites than with you , sure the truth may hurt but he needs to know..

• He might think im spying or being bossy.. N {hat could lead to a turn offf..

• It's not normal to do either social media or texting. Talk to each other, with your voice boxes and mouths!!

• According to what you said he's doing, I don't think it's normal at all.

• Thats what i thought. Thanks

• If social media finds its way this much into the modern relationship I weep for kids another ten years down the line.

• You have a girlfriend.

• i think you should just leave.

• we live in a word of way to much content to consume. get him do do something off screen or at least together.

• Unfortunately he's more interested in doing that than texting you, if he wasn't then it'd be the other way round.