Do I text or call him?

I told my boyfriend on Wed. That I think we should take a break. I did this because he needs to figure out what he wants. He asked me why I felt this way and told him that. He said that he was thinking the same thing. I know I want him in my life. It is now Sat. And I miss him so much. Would it be okay to call him or text him to see how he is doing and see if he wants to see each other or talk.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. You said you thought that you wanted to take a break, but you didn't mention how long of a break you wanted to take, so maybe you have taken as much of a break as you needed at this time. I think it would be good for you to talk to him now and find out for sure what is going on with him. If he's not ready to jump back into the relationship, he will probably tell you that he needs more time. Don't feel rejected by this - just remember that if he truly loves you, it won't matter how long he takes to come back. Some people need more space than others. It also depends on how much time the two of you have spent together already. All relationships need a healthy amount of space to be able to remain healthy.

What Guys Said 3

• NO!

You made a very mature decision together. When he has figures things out, he will call. If you rush this, the result will not be what you intended in the beginning. If you really want him to figure out what he wants him life, give him time to do that.

• I think you should wait for him to call considering the reason you guys are on a break is about figuring our what he wants. Calling or texting will be pushing him and will not help him to figure out things, on the contrary it may backfire.

• I would text him if you feel you have to.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think a simple text or call would hurt normally, but in your case because there are so many emotions there you might want to hold out on that. You said that you both agreed that there were things he needed to figure out. . . You never wanted this, but selflessly you took yourself out of your own situation ( kiddos 2 you! ) and looked at it from a different angle. So if he wants you. And if he misses you let him be the one to do so and say it. You DESERVE that at least. However if you can't seem to resist those urges call or text. Just don't put 2 much into it ( I know it will b hard) you 2 are on a break. I hope it works out 4 you though

• Thats a hard one. I'm one for honesty so I say you have nothing to lose so call or text him. Since you was the one to break it off with him he is probably thinking you like someone else and not interested in him as much now. It has been a few days so it good to contact him. He is just giving you your space so I think you should make the first move. Just be honest will him.

• I think you should definetly wait on him, but still have fun no worrying about it, because the decision of figuring out what he wants is on him, and if he calls. but its a while before he answers maybe he isn't the one