Is the town that I live in racist?

Im hestitant about calling someone a racist but i can't seem to help to believe that my hometown is ''racist''. I feel like everytime i work at a place im the only black girl working there and they dont make me feel ''welcome'', I live down south in Holland and i m thinking about relocating to a bigger city which is more multicultural. Am i right? or is it all in my head?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's difficult to tell because it could be your race, but it could be a number of other things too - lots of white people feel like outsiders and do not fit in in their workplace either. But the fact that you feel uneasy makes me think it could be good for you to move to a bigger city.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely not all in your head.

I went to my parents all white neighborhood.
    Me and her went to a restaurant I could feel the hatred from a few people there.
    They didn't have to call me a racist name I could feel it in their body language.

What Guys Said 1

• everyone is different not everyone can be racists

What Girls Said 2

• Well, no one can really tell you whether it's racist or not seeing as we don't know what they do other than not going out of their way to make you feel welcome. However, you should listen to your gut and do what you want to do. If you think that it's racist and you're not comfortable there or you're not happy, and you can move, then go ahead and do it.

• Girl, I feel you. I live in the deep south in America and it seems like everywhere I go I'm the only black person. The town I live in isn't really accustomed to African Americans so I'm constantly receiving hateful glares and at times inappropriate comments. It is not all in your head. They seem racist. Some people just can't accept change. Moving to a bigger, more diverse city like you said may help. Good Luck! :)