Why do so many people think they need/want marriage?

I mean so many people want marriage because there life will be easier or out of loneliness
I think it personally looks sad

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol that is not at all why I want to get married.

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't get married because I was afraid of being lonely.

What Guys Said 5

• "If I get married we'll surely be together forever!" Is what a lot of people seem to think. It shows devotion, it 'seals' the love you have for one another and most people will praise you for tying the knot, but there is no guarantee it'll last.

Of course another huge factor for loads of people are religious ideals. Christianity glorifies marriage and it's certainly not the only religion to do so. Hell, even among non-believers marriage-glorification still seems to run deep.

• What's wrong with wanting marriage out of loneliness?

• If you don't want it , what's the other thing you try to prove?

• Because they've had it drilled into them since they were kids that they *need* to get married

• Tax benifits

• If you need it for tax benefits you are probably poor

• Who doesn't like more money?

What Girls Said 3

• I know a lot of sad marriages where people give up a more exciting dream merely to feel safe, where people settle. But I also see a lot of bad ass marriages full of pure love and joy, where each spouse encourages one another to follow their dreams. They don't settle, it's just a really joyous celebration to start their journey off with a bang. That's the kind of marriage I want, but won't be disappointed if I don't get.

• Personally, I'm looking forward to having a family of my own. It's not because things will be easier or an escape from loneliness.

• Why? People are social creatures. We need love, attention and constant company of another human. I think it's sad when a person stays single for so long they lose social skills and become a little crazy.

• You can just have sex or be in a relationship
      No need for marriage

• Lmaoo idc I never want to get married and never will
      No man will ever be involved with my money, or my life
      I rather answer not answer to NO ONE

• You sound as if sharing the life with a man is a bad thing. It's actually amazing. It's like having your best friend live with you all the time and take care of you when you are sick and cheer for you when you are trying something new and go on road trips with you.
      Do whatever makes you happy but don't build walls based on assumptions.