Guys, When should I give up hope?

Met a guy on a dating app. He asked me out right away. We went out on our first date on Wednesday. It went really well. Lasted 4hrs. We had tons in common, and I felt we clicked. I hugged him at the end of the date (real hug not fake hug). After, he gave me his number (we had only interacted via the app before). When I got home, I texted him to say thank you and that I had a really nice time. He replied with the same thing right away and then gave me his full name (last name), so I would know who he was. It's now Sunday morning and I have not heard back from him. I'm used to hearing back within 48hrs when there is interest. When should I lose hope? Today? Tomorrow? I'm not contacting him myself because in the past whenever I have done that, it's blown up in my face. Basically whenever I texted they lost interest. :/

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Would you say you are attractive?

• Yes I am. I'm definitely confident in that aspect.

• Well, lots of guys on tinder and stuff like that are what you might refer to as "players" who probably use tinder simply to get laid. I know that's what I use it for anyway.

What Guys Said 10

• The key to happiness in dating is to not have expectations too early in a relationship. Don't worry about whether he's going to call or not. Or ask him out yourself. In the meantime date other guys.

• How about doing what you feel is right? If you think he lost interest or if you feel you should text him, then do so. It's not a matter of when you lose hope, it's a matter of what actions you want to take to make sure not all hope is lost.

• wait a week

after that hit him up, nothing to lose

• People use dating apps because they want to date. If he liked you, and he's looking for longer-term than a single night out, he'll get back to you. Otherwise, you'll find someone else.

• Lol if you are attractive, I'd say he was looking for one night thing which he didn't get so he bailed

• Don't expect him to respond every day. Guys like space just as much as women

• I wouldn't give up hope. I usually wait a few days so I don't appear too clingy.

• Calm down, you only had one date.

• right now ok

• I think its worth just checking out what happened. He might have had something traumatic in his life that he had to deal with. In my opinion, its worth just letting him know that you are interested in making your relationship work.