How can I detach myself from my boyfriend?

It's not that I don't trust him. Its just that I love talking to him and I never wanna get off the phone as fast as he does. I hate when he doesn't call me back. I hate when he misses my calls. It gives me this sad feeling in my chest and it makes it so hard for me to concentrate on what I should be doing (school work ) its so much easier if I smoke or something... But I don't wanna result to smoking every time he takes forever too respond. I just really hate this feeling I get in my chest. And in my gut. I'm obviously too attached. what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way! What works best for me is a hobby that you need to focus on, for me it's art, but really it could be anything that requires your attention, crafts, writing, video games, cleaning, an instrument, etc. A show or something you can multitask never worked cause I can text while I watch.
    But when I paint I can ignore him for a few hours if he doesn't reply

What Guys Said 4

• Find a hobby ^_^
    paint... write... do anything that takes you off your phone.
    So that way when ya message him, click send.. pit ya phone face down... and get on with whatever you were doing... by the time he messages back, you'd have kept yourself busy ^_^

• You're in love with him deeply , all you can do is go on doing what you need
    and always tell yourself there is another time coming that you two can talk..

• You need to do something else to get your mind off. You don't want to deattach from your boyfriend, you want to feel that you want to be with him but it can't be your entire life is the point. Don't smoke out of boredom or anxiety either, shitty way to get addicted

• Find other things to do.

What Girls Said 1

• try to distract yourself.