How do you respond to that lovely question, "why are you still single"?

I hate this question!

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been single literally my entire life, so responding to this question is pretty much a full time job. Here is how I've responded over the years.

Between the ages of ten to twelve years old: Believe it or not, I would have people ask me why I didn't have a girlfriend yet, even at this age. I would tell me it's because nobody liked me (I had a low self-esteem as a kid.)

Ages 13 and 14: When I was in my Jr. High years, my self-esteem had skyrocketed and I was confident. I still had people asking me if I was single and I told people it was because I had bad luck so far (which is true to an extent.) To be honest, I was socially awkward at this age (at least in MY opinion.) I would tell girls I like to masturbate right when I would meet them (I was a weirdo lol.)

Ages 15-18: Ok, so I'm no longer socially awkward and I thought I had everything going. Yet, I still had no luck. I would respond and tell people it was because I wasn't a privileged, popular student (and that was true.) I stick by to this reason to this day.

Aged 19 to present day: After I started college, I quit worrying and giving a crap. I still faced countless rejections. To this day, I tell people a BIG reason I'm single is because I don't have money and women in my age group are often superficial about how much money a guy makes. Of course, this stirs up controversy and people try to argue with me but I don't care. I won't change my mind regardless. I also think it's because I'm smarter and more confident than most people I know and girls are intimidated by that.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 29

• "because fuck you, that's why. I'm single because i want to, because it's better to be single and happy, than to chase girls and be unhappy because you believe in the bs society tells you about not marrying making you a failure. I want the right girl, and it's either that, or no girl. Have you truly found th right girl/guy?"

I have seen people going REALLY silent for this, look into the air for a few seconds, then either storm off in anger or just leave silently XD

• When I was single, I'd just say that I hadn't read all the bids yet, or something humorous like that. Usually people would just laugh, and not repeat the darn question.

• I tell them to go fuck their self cause I get the same question and I'm a 47 year old male virgin , It's, none of their fucking business,, i tell them meet my ass on Skype or rather face to face

• I just tell them "because I haven't found the right girl".

• That would depend on you're situation, I'm afraid there is no one size fits all answer to this question.

• i am broke... lol

• Most the time I get the similar question of how are you still single... and I just take that as a compliment. I say thank you and tell them I would rather be single than with the wrong person

• "Because life hates me, that's why. When life tosses me the perfect woman, that'll be the day I'm no longer single. Until then 😤"

• "Because I'm a fucking idiot and I don't know what I'm doing." That's what I always say.

• "I'm enjoying my time as a single for now".

To people I trust I tell them that my issues don't make me good relationship-material. Because that is ultimately the true reason.

• Sometimes, I'm artful. Sometimes, I'm comical. Sometimes, I'm dramatic. How should I respond?

• just say ur reason like ur to busy or u have other things to do, or aren't ready, something simple that ends it quick yet partially answers it

• "Because I'm not ready to mingle *wink*

• I just say how it is. That I can't find a girl who is attracted to me.

• I'd just say "my face"

• " because chicks dont dig ugly dudes"

• It's not a big deal. I'm single cause I want to be single at this time.. I'll enjoy my life and If I find the one, I'll get in a relationship with her

• "Because I can".

• Because you are looking for quality, not quantity/show off.

• Like some people desperately want an SO, even if they are not well matched, for the only reason so that you could show off to other people!

• "Because I eat babies"

• "because you haven't popped the question yet"

ba dum tsssh

• No time for dating?

• Can't find anyone that I like as much as being single.

• no ones asked me. but im still single. :(

• There isn't anything wrong with being single. Being able to make our own decisions without consulting with anyone or being free to date around and meet new people. It's pretty nice.

• "I want to be"

• Because I can't stand bitches

• "Because I didn't meet a girl as good as you are" XD

• imghumour.com/assets/Uploads/irony-of-food2.jpg

--------------------------------

What Girls Said 23

• Personally, I respond with a vague truth. "I'm not interested in a relationship right now. I've got too many other things I have to focus on, so dating just isn't a priority."

It does seem like such an awkward question. What do they expect you to say? "Well, I hold guys to absurdly high standards, get angry when they don't meet those absurdly high standards, I don't believe in privacy, space, or friendships, I'm jealous of their pets, and I'm basically a shit girlfriend. So that's why." XD

• because my standards are high as heck... and I haven't found a guy who make me feel beyond amazing, giddy, and warm inside. i haven't felt any strong emotional attachments or attractions to anyone yet. it will take a really special guy to do that. in the mean time, I'm very okay being single. less drama and energy, and quite honestly, I'm no where near ready and i don't feel suitable for anybody just yet... mainly because i don't have my life figured out. so why would a guy want to be with a girl who's confused, and doesn't have anything together... career, ambitions, etc. rather save the guys the stress while i find myself.

• I usually just come back with a "because I'm me" which makes them feel as awkward as I feel when they ask me that.

• With a throat punch.

• because i wanna be... that's about it really.

• If it makes you uncomfortable answering the question you can merely just say "let's not" and move on with the conversation

• Because i m too awesome. Jk what can i do if i cannot find the right guy. Plus I need to focus on my studies right now.

• "Because (insert hot celebrity name here) won't return my calls."

• I say I don't know, I was just wondering the same thing lol

• Go fuck themselves

• I either say 'I don't know,' 'You tell me,' or list the reasons why I probably am, haha.

• My heart is reserved for for the guy who will take good care of it! 💛

I'm single because i don't have much time to date
    due to working a lot, but if i find the right guy i will sacrife my time to be with him 😊

• "Because I'm actually a black widow spider."

• I say, "no person has matched my level of insanity yet". ;P

• Cause, I don't want to be in relationship right now, duh!

• Because I am ovee qualified

• "Because I want to be?"

• Because I am enjoying my single life :D Single life is perfect and more fun lol

• Because I don't settle and I don't/won't lower my standards JUST to be in a relationship.

• Well in my case I tell them it's because guys don't like ugly 19 year old virgins.

• I give them a death stare

• Most annoying question ever. I usually reply with the fact that I don't need a man to define who I am and I'm not gonna settle for someone just to have the title of being in a relationship.

• i say because i want to be.