Why is my boyfriend so persistent and needy?

me and my boyfriend have been going out for three and a half months now broke up for one month. in the beginning he was extremely sweet nice and caring but after a while i started to notice how persistent he was during school he would always follow me everywhere, even when I had to walk a block away for my mom to pick me up. Recently i went on a two day vacation with my family, since i ran out of data I couldn't text him and i told him. Even then he messaged me almost every hours for those two days telling me good morning and good night telling everything he did during the day. When we broke up (during prom season) he asked me to prom i felt guilty so i said yes. My parents said no and when a told him he kept telling me to let him talk to my parents or meet them. I didn't want him to talk to them so i said no. He asked me for my address (i have never given it to him) but he ended up in my house and he never told me were he got it. After i went up to him and told him im not going he spent days trying to convince me telling me he was going to buy m dress he even asked my friends to convince me. Im starting to regret getting back together should I brake up with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he's extremely insecure and had security issues with you and doesn't trust you and that is never healthy for a relationship. I think if this is bothering you a lot you need to take the steps to let him know that this cannot go on.

The first step is simply opening up being honest and telling him the truth, don't try to make it sound nice be straight forward and honest and let it be direct as hell tell him you don't like this stuff and that you don't like insecurity and lack of trust and if he continues to do this you will no-longer want him around.

The next thing to do is if he doesn't stop is to actually break up because he needs to learn that this kinda stuff isn't how you behave with a female no matter if it's your first love or not, you need to be able to trust them and if you can't than your relationship will never be healthy.

Most Helpful Girl

• This kid is incredibly insecure. Walk away. No, run away!

What Guys Said 1

• If he's anything like me, it's because he's been starved for love and affection and so when he finally has a chance to show that love he goes overboard and turns you off. I'm bad enough with just my female friends, (never had a girlfriend...), so I assumed it'd be the same as me.

• And as the guy below me said, the insecurity me and your guy have is not only a huge turnoff, it's bad for a relationship. It'd be better for you to try to get him to somehow become more secure with things, or break up for him. Some people just aren't cut out for relationships.

What Girls Said 1

• He needs to respect your privacy