I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 25. Is that considered too much age difference?

Ee really love each other, and I don't feel the age difference at all. But my parents don't approve of my relationship because he's older than me, and he has a two-year-old daughter. I don't know what to do anymore? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's more like they don't approve of you being with a guy with a child. Does she live with your boyfriend? Is it with the mother? Six years is nothing! You are the one in this relationship. If you are happy, then that is enough. You are not living your life to please your parents, or anyone else except your boyfriend.

• She lives with her mother.

• Thank you for MHO!

• No problem! :)

What Guys Said 7

• I think its fine. My brother is 31 and his girlfriend is 24. You must do what you think is right for yourself. At the end of the day, your parents aren't living your life. Ok they don't approve it, but its your life. Their not ones dating you.

If your happy with being with him, then to hell what everyone else thinks. Live your life, and not how your parents think you should. I mean your older enough to get yourself a job and move out.
    I want you to watch this video, of what arnold had to go through. He break the rules of what people telling him what to do with his life. So feel inspired. So anything is possible, its really up to you. Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuOnCQhxq4E

• ehh its alright yo.

• The girl I am starting to date / hoping to date is 10 years younger than me 24 vs 34. And that doesn't mean anything.

Age vs maturity is key

I recommend that you ask then to get them to know him as a person and then let them judge him based on that not on his age. They are just scared for you and want to protect you. Once they see that he is not using you then they will understand. You just have to think from their view as they don't know him well enough :)

• Rule of thumb: Divide your age by 2 and add 7. That's the lowest she you can date. In your case, 25/2 +7 = 19.5 so technically you're fine

• Not at all. Sounds just perfect age difference to me

• It's alright, my grandparents are 10 years age difference and they've been married for over 50 years.

• Does it bother you?

What Girls Said 3

• No, I don't think it's too much of a difference. You're both legal adults and can do what you want. If you really like him, that's all that matters. Now, if one of you was underage then yeah, that would be a problem. However, age differences don't matter as much when both people are fully grown adults.

• No. It is perfect. Be happy 😊

• No it's not too much