Why do women care about height and looks more than anything?

Seems like if your short and average looking then 99.9 % of women won't give him a chance whats a shorter ugly giy like me sapost to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• We don't care more about those things than anything else. But just as most guys will not give the time of day to women they deem ugly even though they value personality above looks, that doesn't mean looks don't matter. Initial attraction is generally based on looks - that's all a person has to go off of at first.

Most Helpful Guy

• Short as you may be, Vegeta, you also have the ability to blow up planets.

What Girls Said 6

• Life isn't fair. Both genders are capable of being shallow and wanting a partner who they find physically appealing. So looks are important for guys and girls. That's just the dating world for you. As for height most girls want a guy their height or taller. The average height of girls are way below the average high of males in most countries anyway so odds of this being a major dilemma is not high. Also some women do go for shorter guys too. It's not unheard of.

• Because when they wear heels they dont want to tower you, they feel more protected and feminine
    Also some girls like guys around their height if they find them attractive enough

And most people care about looks, helps with sexual attraction which is needed for a relationship to work.

• How short? I don't like guys to be shorter than me that I date just because of the way it feels to be held. If your looks don't grab a girls attention than something else must. That's really what does it. You could be a borderline ugly guy who does something really cool like I don't know makes kumbuchange and sells it at a farmers market (too crunchy? Haha). Or maybe your in a Scottish ska band. A guys looks are just a superficial and easy version of seeking something because it grabbed our attention. I've flirted with not very attractive guys because I liked t he band on their shirt (huge turn on when they have good taste in music ) don't loose hope. And don't be aesthetic centered. by the way your actually pretty cute so..

• go find the 0.1%? You're really meeting a thousand women and only one of them will talk to you? I, for one, do not care about height and looks more than anything.

• Same reason why if you see cheese that is expired and moldy all over versus cheese that hasn't gone bad, you will choose the cheese that hasn't gone bad. If you have the option to pick something better, why go for what is subpar? Makes no sense.

• So your comparing me to moldy cheese and saying I'm not as good as others because of my looks and height -_-

• To people who don't find you attractive, the comparison is valid. That doesn't mean it is universal.

• I don't care about height but looks are important. Not as important as personality though.

What Guys Said 7

• that's not true lol. it seems like on the internet girls are like that but bro honestly in person its a total fucking game changer. and the average height for U. S. men is like 5'9 so then that would mean majority of men can't get a girl if that were true, which its not because plenty of people are in relationships.

trust me man, in person its all different than the bullshit you read online. there may be some cases where a girl really sticks to her height preferences and will never give you the light of day but do you honestly even want to associate with a human being like that? I fucking hope not. most girls won't give a shit about their height preferences once they get to know the awesome you. so just go for it.

• Whole Heartedly disagree with this, women have become as shallow as men in my opinion. It also depends on where you live. I live in a big metropolitan city and girls want tall handsome men it seems more than anything, maybe not even tall but attractive for sure, i'm 5'9 and even I find it tough at times to be able to pick up women easily. luckily im half Spanish and half Italian so I have the exotic look that goes along with it, but even though I consider myself relatively good looking, i'm not picking up girls at the rate that some of my 6'1 good looking friends are. But in short yes looks really do matter to women where i'm from.

• @jlopez90 I never said looks don't matter, but for the shorter guys I do believe they're really selling themselves too short before even attempting to step out there and see what its really like. and yes it is also highly dependent case by case, like you said in your case, where you live, etc. it is much more difficult. in my experiences I basically see it all happen. the awesome guys get the girls and the tall dark handsome guys get girls. the thing they have in common is they didn't stop trying and always did something about it. if the internet were as true as reality than I would have a better dating record than my slightly shorter friend whos fucked way more girls than I.

• They love hot guys

• you're supposed to learn to spell for a start. women hate bad grammar and poor spelling.

• Attractiveness is important. And if the guy is short then girls ignore him because they believe his dick might be short too.

• Cause women are just as, if not more, shallow, than men

• They also care about personality and character... assuming that they're not skanks or finance bitches...

• Not true. I'm short and girls are attracted to me.

• Ha where do you live?

• And no homo, but you don't look ugly to me.

• Thanks man