Does the disappearance act work?

Hey everyone, So I have a huge crush on this guy that I have been seeing for a month. We haven't seen each other for over a week now because of work and I got sick so I kind of wanted to stay away from him. I haven't heard from him for two days-- yes I know that's like nothing but I feel like he's going to start losing interest and plus I'm always the one initiating some sort of contact. Whether it be text or snap chat. He told me he is not much of a texter, and actually, he called me for the first time 4 days ago which was a pleasant surprise. Anyways, I really like the guy and I don't want it to be me who is always be messaging him. So my question is, should I lay off for a bit and have him message me? If I stayed quiet would he wonder about me (disappearance act). I've tried this before and it has worked. Has it worked for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a childish game that I won't play

Most Helpful Girl

• yes it works.

What Guys Said 2

• No. If it was me, i'd prefer it if you stayed in contact with me otherwise i'll think you don't like me and i'll just forget about you. Keep texting him and maintaining your interest.

• It only works on the truly desperate.

What Girls Said 1