Guys, why do you always go into such detail when you're busy?

When I text a guy to hang out, they always say ' i can't make it because of this, this and this, but how about ______"
Like why not just say I'm busy, how about ______, why do they feel like they need to explain or account for everything?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, why do girls NOT feel the need to explain?
    Whenever I offer a ton of explanation as to why I can't do something with someone, it's because I wanna let them know that I would spend time with them if I could.

When you just say "I'm busy" it just sounds like an excuse or a lie.

What Guys Said 19

• Some people are just like that. They may be so used to being probed for personal business. I got one job that if I call out, that's it. Yet my other job will hound me with the "why" this and "why" that nonsense which I actually find annoying.

• Because then bitches think that you dont want to talk or hang out or wwhatever it is he can't do right now. When guys talk to eachother it's usually im busy. but girls think your angry or your playing hard to get. So it's like we have to prove to you were not upset or playing games by justifying. Your gender makes us explain ourselves. Blame your gender not ours.
    But psychology also shows that when someone lies and makes excuses they put in more then unnecessary info.

• Because he doesn't want you to think he's just blowing you off.

• So guys do this to cover up something else, while others over detail to solidify their legitimacy.

• Because if we wouldn't somebody on this website would post a question that says "Why do guys never explain why they are busy?"

We just want to let you know that we can't make it because we are busy and it is not because we don't wanna see you.

• We have to show you how important we are because of how much we have going on. *puffs* We're important people! Yeah, no. We just like to think we are. So we tell you.

• For me it's about being nice. I'd find it rude if someone responded "I'm busy, text me blah blah" you know. Plus it eliminates the need for further questions. If they just say "I'm busy" then there's the urge to ask what they are doing, when will the be done, and so on.

• Cause they like you and if they just say "sorry I'm busy" that sounds like they don't like you. It's a good sign!

• Fucking men, why do they bother speaking at all? Why can't they just shut up and get their cocks out when a woman is horny and nothing else?

• Basically we just don't wanna sound rude. I don't see any wrong in that. Just wanna let her know that we do value her.

• Because when we don't explain, you start thinking about it too much.

• Excuses are full of details

• "im busy" could mean anything or be a straight up lie

• Because they don't want you to think they arn't interested in hanging out

• to show how much they care

• Because they will think that you will dump them if they tell you that.

• Because he wants to make sure you know he's busy

• Sometimes we really are just busy, but unlike our female counterparts, we like to prove that there is a reason we're busy, not just to say we are busy and you'll be good with that answer. If he's telling you why he's busy, that usually is a good thing. I've also used it to show the girl that my life is interesting.

• he loves long lines.