Girls, Why does the nice guy approach always get me friendzoned?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Please explain what you mean by "nice guy approach" I've heard of plenty of guys who thought they were "nice guys" but they turn out to be stalkers or douchebags.

What Girls Said 11

• Because you believe in the "nice guy" bullshit and the friendzone.

Nice guy in a girl's mind: guy who essentially acts more like a friend than a potential partner, and uses his leverage as a friend to try and pressure/guilt you into dating him instead of considering that women want more than somebody who will just be nice to them. They want to be stimulated on multiple emotional levels, and just being "nice" isn't going to get you there. Yes, you should be nice to people, but don't rely on being a passive butt kiss either.

• Maybe you just do not flirt. some nice guys are not flirtatious and dont make their intentions with the girl known, so of course they will get friendzoned. act like a friend and you'll get treated like one.

if you are upfront with your intentions from the beginning, then the girl has the choice to either reject you or date you, but at least you'll know where you stand and you won't be in the friend zone

• I think maybe we need more specificity about what the nice guy approach is. Does "nice" mean you're considerate of a girl and to everyone else she sees you interact with? That's attractive. Does it mean you won't claim and defend an opinion, can't stand up for yourself, or you're totally indecisive when asking her out on a date? I think what most women are looking for is a man with the maturity and empathy to be good to the people around him AND the confidence and self respect to be good to himself.

• When you say "nice guy approach", what do you mean? What makes a "nice guy approach" a "nice guy approach"?

• You may be coming off like you want to just be friendly. Throw some flirts in. Be cute and romantic. Still be subtle and friendly just don't act like too much of a friend or that's all you'll ever be.

• You must be boring.

• Your approaching the wrong girls then

• Have you tried flirting? Its great to be nice, please don't change that about yourself, but try flirting too and teasing her, don't make yourself just a friend... hope that makes sense

• I was told once that "if a guy wants to be with you, he will be with you". So maybe your intentions really aren't evident. Because, I can't speak for every girl, a love myself a good guy. Honest, kind, funny, genuine, and not.. Well, crazy and egotistical. Who truthfully wants to spend the rest of their life with some badass guy who can't get his life together? No one. Lol!

• I grew up with people telling me. if a guy is mean to you he likes you

• Hey babe, So sometimes playing the nice guy card can give us the idea that you only like as friends and we should get over it if we like you. Also if you befriend her she'll think of you as a friend and probably won't see you as a possible boyfriend unless you tell her you like her. So basically don't treat her as just a friend if you want more. And don't stop being the nice guy, we love you.
    Kisses- B