Is it a phase or should I act on it?

Lately I've been feeling like my long term boyfriend isn't the one. I used to think he was the one during the first couple years of our relationship, but now we're pretty deep into our relationship and I've been slowly starting to feel the opposite. I've been getting and itch to be single and play the field for a while. We've been together since when I was very young so he's all I know. I sometimes wonder if I'm staying with him because I'm comfortable and afraid to be alone. I do love him; there's no questioning that. Is this just a phase? How should I go about addressing this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You said you do love him. Well, all you need is love! You know, do something wild and unexpected with him! Try something to get those fires burning again. I know many relationships fall into the danger of having the fires burn out when the courting stage is over. Do new things with him, I think it may help. Rediscover why you fell in love with him in the first place!

Most Helpful Girl

• i think you are gtting itchy feet and its not a great stage... Every relationship goes through this (I go through it every day but then something reminds me I love him) I think you need to pro and con all this but you will miss him. Be prepared for that

What Guys Said 2

• And then women want love and monogamy

• You really need to stop deluding yourself that you 'love him'. If you did, you wouldn't be on a website saying you want to 'play the field'. If you actually love someone, there's no question where you'd wanna be. Maybe you should try to analyze why you feel the opposite, then talk to him about it. I'd be more pissed, if i were him, that you were leading me on.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you should tell him this. Tell him that you want to be with him but you're not sure it's for the right reason. Who knows, he might feel the same way. Just know that telling him could either break you up for good, or give you temporary space to figure shit out.