Girls, why do tall girls feel unsure about themselves?

It seems many tall girls are unsure of themselves with guys. I love tall girls but many seem shy to go on a date.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• For a few reasons. Growing up, it's hard for us to not feel incredibly awkward and uncoordinated at some points, and that feeling can very well stick till we're through that awkward phase. I always heard people saying that guys will never date someone taller because it will make them feel emasculated, they want a small girl they can pick up or whatever. That didn't help with me hating my height (5'10"), wishing I could be even a tiny bit smaller.

I only embraced my height somewhat recently, about a year or so ago. Ironically enough, shortly after I started dating my boyfriend, who's a bit shorter and assured me he loves dating girls who are taller. (Legs for days. :P )

What Girls Said 13

• There's this stigma that girls should be shorter than guys. If you're a short guy or tall girl, then obviously you don't fit this stigma and it makes the both of them uncomfortable.

• I am 5'10 (6'1 in heels) and I am confident... Most of my tall friends are!

• I wanna be tall? '-'
    TALL WOMEN ARE MODELS FOR A REASON LMAO.

• My answer is identical to that of @far2gud4u.. It's just that she beat me to it this time! :)

• I just prefer guys taller than me. But I m not unsure about myself

• Because you seem rare and social media has almost carved in stone into our heads that short girls are "better" or "the best" or are "cuter ". No one ever really talks about tall girls.

• I dunno. I'm pretty tall and I've always been pretty comfortable around guys, even the ones I wanted to ask out.

• As a tall girl, ((im almost 5"9)) it's because guys usually prefer shorter girls. Another thing is that we feel insecure if a guy likes us because we can't wear heels unless worrying that we are taller than our date. So, to keep away from all that stress, we just stay away from dates usually.

• I used to feel uncomfortable during the last years of childhood and first teen years. I used to be the tallest of my class from girls and boys. That was the period that I hated it.
    Now about half of the guys have my height or more. I'm happy with it now, especially after I read an article about the best female measurements and according to it my height was the perfect one 5'8"

• I'm 5'10 and I love it. Yes I'm shy, but I don't think it has to do anything with my height

• I'm very tall for my age. I find that its hard to find a guy that isn't unsure of himself if he is shorter then me. I am personally proud of my height and it has amazing factor. Although, when it comes to dating I find if the guy is unsure then I become unsure of myself. Plus we can feel weird wearing heels.

• Because there aren't that many tall guys out there for them

• Well, this one time I liked a guy and he didn't like me and he hooked up with a girl who was pretty short and that made me somewhat insecure. But I got over him and I'm comfortable with my height.

• Hi how tall are you. Arevyou more prone to date tall guys now.

• So you do like tall guys cool i am 6 1" Pm and we can talk you seem nice

• Sorry you're kinda old for me