When you now live 45 minutes away from your boyfriend... what would you do in a situation like this?

I don't mean to brag about anything. It's just that I would like to share this and then get opinions from all of you who may be in a relationship. I need help. Please. This may be long & would have to take some time to read.

I had to move to a different house, but it's a different area. It's 45 minutes away from the cities' & it's just a lot of farm land. I'm used to growing up in the cities. I will never be a country girl. So, get this, I have a boyfriend who lives in the cities'. I met him in the high school I went to. We've been dating for 8 months now. We don't spend as much time together as we used to now since I moved. It's very hard for me. I'm trying to adjust, but I keep getting sad that I don't get to see him as much as I did when I was living life in the cities'. It's making me get depressed. I've read that depression is very hard to live with. I don't want to live a life of sadness & grief. I do get to talk to him over Skype & call. It just makes me feel like moving places is my fault. I had no choice because it was my mother's choice. I want to run away and never be found. I miss my boyfriend so much... what would you do if you had to move away from your boyfriend?

This can apply to guys too if they had a girlfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend lives at college during the school year. It's an hour away almost exactly. I see him once a week usually, and it's not always enough to have a few hours here and there. But we've made it work this past year (:

• Wow. Aren't you lucky? My boyfriend will be graduating this year without me being in the school I used to go to with him. I hope he does ok.

• Just be patient and communicative (: And take every chance you get to spend time together

• Alrighty. Thank you. ^-^ I appreciate what you said. It helps a lot

What Guys Said 1

• Well it's only 45 min, so even though it sucks it's not the end of the world. You can look at it as test to see if your relationship is strong enough.

What Girls Said 3

• To be honest most of my boyfriends did like 45-1hour away, by transit from me, and it worked out fine. We made time to see each other, it will work if both of you want to. I sometimes even saw them 4 days in a row

• I'd love to see him 4 days in a row. It's just that it's been a few months since I actually saw him. His parents are strict too.

• I use to live 45 minutes away from my boyfriend and we had no problems. 45 minutes away is not that far. I would just try and focus on other thing in your life.

• You are 16. Either it will work out long distance or it won't. If it doesn't then you're young enough to find another guy. Do NOT runaway from home because you can't see your boyfriend.

• I just don't want to loose him & he doesn't want to loose me. We've been trying to see each other as much as we could. I just miss him very much...