Ladies, how much do looks matter? Men, how much do looks matter?

I keep getting this b. s. that men care about looks too much. Ladies, how much do you care about looks?

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks matter. Anyone who says otherwise is spewing complete BS. You have to be attracted to the person physically if you want to date them. You don't have to be a super hot model or something but if you want to date someone they have to find you attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks get you in the door but personality keeps you in.

What Girls Said 8

• They matter. I have to be attracted to a guy to date him.

That being said, attractiveness is largely subjective. My best friend and I always find very different types of guys attractive, for example.

• I care to a degree. I don't need my man to step out of a Abocrombie poster, but he needs to live a healthy lifestyle and have the body to prove it. Toned with arms strong enough to sweep me off my feet and protect me. Trimmed or no facial hair, managed body hair. I prefer hair between short and medium length that can get messy but still be easy for him to straighten up, though I still like long as long as it's pulled back in a ponytail. And a charming friendly face with a devilish smirk.

• They're deffinitly the icing on the cake but it's the flavour that counts

• i don't care about looks it's the personality that counts because they could look really good and have a shitty personality

• They do matter to some extent. A guy would need to be attractive for me to approach him. If I date a guy I don't find attractive, it would have to be someone I've known for a while. Personality matters much more though.

• what ninetynine said

• Honestly looks don't matter matter as much as your personality amd stuff
    Personally a guy totally sweet and funny is wayyyyy better then just a boring good looking guy

• they matter

What Guys Said 7

• Looks matter to everybody. It is subjective but its universal. Some more than others but still; I personally think as misogynistic as us guys tend to be perceived or come off as, women are just as if not more into looks than we are. There's an old saying that is VERY true that says "The woman chooses the man". Take that one in for a second...

• I guess it really depends on the person. To me, they don't matter even a bit. I'm not more likely to approach someone just because I find them attractive.

• I'm not afraid to admit i won't date a girl i didn't find pretty no matter what her other qualities are. And I've been rejected by girls because I wasn't exceedingly handsome (know this because many of their friends really liked me).

I think females like to understate the importance of looks in men to them. Guys tend to be more honest.

• Quite a lot.

• For both, more than they would like to admit.

• looks dose matter in its vicinity :P

• Looks are like the decor in a restaurant, they can be very enjoyable but they don't mean a thing if the food and service are crap.