Is it okay if I ask my girlfriend for a little financial support to help me pay my rent after she offered?

First off all i should say it's my home but she basically lives there with me after moving out of her parents house. We both have good jobs and make a fair amount of money. It's just that my hours have gone down at work for complex reasons, and i had other unexpected expenses this month. It looks like i may having a problem paying rent this month. But my girlfriend offered to help me without me asking. She said "If you need any money just for rent just ask, you pay for me a lot of the time so i want to help you." She is a really kind girl. Should i take her offer.

• Accept her offer to help you financially.
  • Don't ask her for help.

Most Helpful Girl

• I live at my bfs, it's his apartment and he pays rent because he works and I'm still a student and go to art school (40k per semester of loans so... Yeah)

I've helped him out before though he gave it back right after. Don't be too proud to ask for help, if I were working if definitely pay for rent without him asking or giving me money back.

It feels great knowing we can rely on a guy, but even better that we have the power to support him when our guys needs it, it also shows you aren't too prideful!

I actually feel horrible that I'm unable to pay for things. If she offers you without asking, go ahead!

• Yeah i guess your right. I guess i feel like she should not have to pay rent to live with me because i feel like i am the one who needs to earn her living with me and not the other way around. But i will take her offer.

• Like my boo you seem to enjoy being able to provide for your girl, but it's ok if she wants to help occasionally, or pay for a meal once in a while.
      as long as both of you are relaxed about the subject, paying for stuff really isn't worth fighting over. :)

Thanks for mho!

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, because she's your girlfriend and she did offer in the past. In this case it's better you go to her than anyone else, after all it was unexpected and all you have to do is just ask x

• If she is living there then it is only reasonable that she does contribute financially. There's no reason why you should struggle financially to get by while she lives there for free. You guys are partners, so you should be able to rely on each other. Obviously, since she offered, she is not there trying to get a free ride - she wants to be partners... so be a partner with her.

• It's fine to ask her to pay rent. In fact, it's the fair thing to do. If she's living there, she needs to contribute financially.

• If she wasn't okay with it, she wouldn't have offered. You may insult her by turning down her offer and continuing to struggle on your own.

• I didn't think of it that way.

• Yeah, it's kind of like a slap in the face. It's like saying she isn't important enough to you or your life.

• If u need help she will help you, u have to pay rent and she lives there so helping pay rent would be no big deal

• If she offered and you do need the help, then it might be a good idea to take the offer.

• My sister and her fiance have this agreement that they will pay equal amounts on rent each month unless one of them can't pay all of their portion of the rent, the other fills in, i think it's beautiful that they can do this and i think you and your girlfriend should too.

• Yeah she actually offers to do that. Maybe i should rethink about it.

• dont ask her.

What Guys Said 4

• She lives there too? Then sure, why not?

• She's living with you and she's got a good paying job?

She should be paying her half of the rent, anyways, or it sounds like she's using you as a crutch for her "independence".

• Honestly the two people who voted no are idiots. I'd love for them to give me one good reason why a girl should pay rent if she lives with her boyfriend.

• Just ask her to pay half. It's fair for her to pay half.