Girls, Why don't you tell a guy you like them when you do? Why wait for the guy to make the first move?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Us girls are shy, most of us wait for the guy because a lot of us believe that's the right thing to do, wait for the guy. We are also scared of rejection.

What Girls Said 13

• Actually it is a lot more accepted for women to make the first moves nowadays and things have started to change. Plenty of girls are OK with initiating things and making first moves.

• I would tell them depending on their personality and how comfortable I feel with them. But most of my friends don't do it because they are scared the guy will become proud. One of my friends told her boyfriend she loved him and he played with her emotions. He wouldn't answer her calls for a week. He became proud and stuck up. She is a beautiful, funny, smart girl. She had many guys who wanted her. She tolerated his BS for about a month then she dumped his ass. Now he wants her back again. Some people are immature.

• It is not like I do first move or he does. Whoever is ready should the first move.
    Personally i think it is more healhty when a guy does first move. Girls are mostly more ready for a relationship but guys need time. So when they are ready, they will do.
    When guys are ready, relationship move better. That is what I experience.

• I do. I'll tell a man I'm into him, and I'll be the first to ask him out. I'll tell you though that some men don't like it. They'll complain it's emasculating or I've taken away "the thrill of the chase." So I tend to play it cool until I've convinced myself he's shy/timid and really wishing I'd spare him the risk.

• We don't! I have asked out, many, many guys!

• I am afraid he would not like me back, so I make sure he likes me back, then start sending him signals. Even like that I find it cuter for him to make the first move.

• Because I'm scared he won't like me also o. o which I guess is probably the same for guys. But I feel like girls send more signals as to when they like someone, or maybe I'm ju at biased and more skilled at reading girls?

• Because I don't want to be rejected... But sometimes it's best for the girl to make the first move or it might never happen

• because we fear rejection

• Because your the man so you have to ask haha

• Here is a short story:
    While I never straight forward asked out a former crush of mine, way back in my freshman year of HS, I made it very obvious that I was into him. I even told my friend how much I liked her brother.

When he found out, he didn't take it too well. All it did was inflated his ego to the point he came up in a sarcastic tone of voice, asking several times (with a grin on his face) if I like him and even said in my face ''oh yes, I'm pretty''. I ended up insulting him and even denied ever liking him in his face.

Ever since then, it would be 5 years later when I finally called a guy (whom I've been chatting for a while) I was interest in and asked him out, which later on become my boyfriend. Nope, I'm no longer with him but we stayed as friends.

• And why guys don't do that? the same question!!

• Because it's far more socially risky for a girl to ask a guy out, in case she gets rejected. We're fed the media story that guys are always, always, ALWAYS up for some female attention, unless it's from a particularly hideous or crazy woman. If a guy gets turned down by a girl, no big deal. A girl gets turned down by a guy? GEEEEEZ, there must be something REALLY WRONG with her, right? Nobody wants to risk being That Girl.