What do I talk to my 8 years older crush about (I'm 27)?

I feel our conversations are too short. He messages me every morning to ask how I am, but it never seems to go beyond that. Help! Without getting too flirty and scaring him off, how do I break the ice and move past these mindless conversations?

Most Helpful Guy

• Texting in the morning is always a bad idea. You have no idea how busy they are for the rest of the day. Try to text in the evening and make sure you text open ended questions. How do you feel about? Do you think? Is it possible? As long as the question doesn't have a single answer, ask so he's forced to answer a complete sentence. Then challenge his answer, make it fun, agree with your own spin. If he's 36, he's probably not big into texting anyways so just don't over text him either.

Most Helpful Girl

• talk to him like he's any other person because age doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 1

• The civil war, kellogs pep, how much a quarter used to be worth, churning butter and stuff like that.

What Girls Said 1

• Give him an actual phone call (and have a conversation).
    Text messages are meant to be short and standard.