Do pick-up lines even work?

Pick-up lines like "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk back again?", "are you a beaver? Cause damn", "I've lost my number, can I have yours?" are used so commonly and so openly ridiculed, yet people continue to use them. Do you still use pick-up lines? Have they been successful?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pick up lines can work, as they are just ice breakers. "Hi my name is..." is just as good if not better. But ultimately it's just starting a conversation.
    Think this "hi do you believe in love at first site, or should I walk back in again? No I'm just kidding my name is... how are you this evening?" If it was done in a purely playful way and you both got a laugh, it worked.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure for some women they do. I'd be more impressed by something more original and creative. Like when Hitch went up to a woman in a bar who was surrounded by men, handed her money and treated her like a bartender, then walked away.

When she ran after him because she didn't like being treated like a worker and gave him his money back, he told her that he knew she wasn't a bartender and couldn't find a way to get her away from those guys.

THAT would work for me.

What Guys Said 3

• I've only used one cheesy "pick-up line" (I made it up on the spot but it sounds like a pick-up like)... it didn't work.

• I don't even dare to say "hi" to a girl, let alone tell her a pick-up line, ha ha! Pick-up lines would work on me.

• If it worked i wouldn't be single yet :D

What Girls Said 4

• They seem not genuine.

They always get a eye roll from me.

I like someone that speaks from the heart.

• I don't use them, but the last time a guy used one on me, I liked it. He said it in more of a joking way though, like he knew that they were stupid and didn't work. It made me laugh and showed he had a sense of humor.

• I don't use them but when people use them on me it's not the pick up line that works, it's the cheeseyness and funnyness of the pick up line that makes me laugh/smile. And funny people are what interest me. If the pick up line is said by a guy in a really creepy and sexual way and isn't funny then it doesn't work and u don't even igknowledge the guy

• No, huge turn off