Should put off dating until I've lost weight?

So I was thinking...
I'm not that overwieght, I'm heavy (165 lbs) but I'm athletic my measurments aren't that bad 40 -28-38 . But either way I've went vegan a few weeks back and weight has just been falling off of me

So I was thinking to joing tinder or some other dating site. But then you know in a few months I might be a lot lighter which would improve my chances.
But then I'll also be graduating, so I figured why not put it off another year? But then obviously I'll be a year older and still without boyfriend

But my friend said it was the most ridicoulous idea she's ever heard, she said I looked fine now and I wouldn't want a guy who doesn't want me now. And she's kinda right I guess? But also I feel losing weight would help a lot, especially online

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd personally suggest not aggressively dating but not turning down dates either while still losing the weight. I have a feeling you may get a lot of dates just looking to hook up and not take you seriously though. Many guys deliberately chase heavier girls for hooking up thinking they're insecure so that they'll just hook up with anyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• the fact you asked the question means you should wait til you've lost the weight in my opinion. the whole thing made it clear that you aren't comfortable with the way you are and i dont think anyone will have a successful time with a partner if they feel insecure and ugly. i'd wait until you feel comfortable in your skin. focus on you and making yourself happy and not finding someone to make you happy and in turn your happiness and confidence will attract the right kind of person that will be with you for all the right reasons no matter what your weight.

• it's not that I'm terrible insecure or unhappy I just think, as I said, being slimmer would improve my chances and you want to play with the best possible odds, right?

What Guys Said 7

• it will help a lot online, but tinder is fucking retarded. just do it for yourself, not to better your chances with other guys.

• I do as well but I was just wondering if I should wait a few months before joining a dating app

• ehh I don't think waiting a few months will make a significant difference.

• Iv'e put it off myself until i meet the 'Physical requirements' to date.

Id rather not even bother until im considered attractive otherwise i'd just be wasting my time.

But, I don't know my friend, Its up to you what you do personally.

• That choice is yours to make, I understand you're insecure right now but if a great guy likes you as you are now go for it. Why let an opportunity slide?

• IT REALLY DEPENDS on how the weight is distributed, we need a picture to tell.

• it's not really about that

• The I would look better if I lost a bit of weight part was. So no need for a picture
      I didn't ask will losing weight improve my chances? I said losing weight will improve my chances

• No it won't though. and if you didn't ask a question, why did you post it?

• If you're not happy with your current body, then yes.

• Tinder is where you go to fuck not to find a boyfriend.

• i was fat... unattractive people were attracted to me... i lost weight... attractive people are attracted to me... i think it was a good go to for me... its your call... all im sayin is i have friends that would comment about me looking good and not to change... but it was all bull... its what you think and its what makes you happy... do you

What Girls Said 4

• Props for going vegan. Vegans unite *high five*
    But do what you want. If you find a guy along the way don't just turn him down because he may be the one. But if you feel more comfortable waiting then do that.
    Like I said don't e afraid to put yourself out there if opportunity arises

• If you want to lose weight for yourself, then it's ok Don't lose weight for someone else, it'll end up like a duty... I think, a man should love you the way you are...
    And be careful that your diet won't turn into an eating disorder.

• I advice dating at around your average and sustainable weight. If you get extraordinarily fit, some guys will get mad if you gain 10 lbs over time. Being decently fit at a sustainable level is optimal for long term satisfaction.

• You're not at all so big that you should think "Im too big for a boyfriend" not at all, you're at a fine weight, even now.