Is it possible for black people hair to be straightened permanently (forever) :( ?

If yes how and how much it cost lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I've read something about a pill to change any hair follicle in the future, but I doubt that it will happen. The only thing you can do is to get a relaxer but I reccomend being natural and getting your hair straightened that way so that you won't have to put harsh chemicals in your hair. I also think that weaves (better if you have your hair relaxed) or wigs are a good choice if you have the money, a wig may seem taboo but you don't have to worry about constantly damaging your newgrowth with heat like how it is wearing a weave.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• No. I mean you can get a relaxer as a black girl, but you still have to get it done every two weeks or so (not exactly sure). It's a lot of up-keep. No one should be ashamed of their naturally curly hair. Love you curls. Don't try to be someone that you weren't meant to be or born to be. :)

• Only if your born with it, which is not impossible.
    But straightening treatments are the longest lasting thing I know of

• Sadly if your not born with it then you can't make it permanent.

• I don't know bout forever but there r things u can do to keep it straight for a period of time

• Yes, if you get a perm. Well, you have to keep buying it. (Like monthly) I don't reccomend it. I recently went natural and, did the big chop. My hair has grown all the way down my back. Of course it shrinks up but, there are ways you can stretch your hair. Natural hair is better trust me. It's more healthy and grows faster if you really take care of it. Also your hair will be very thick and full. A perm makes your hair thin.

• Its not possible unfortunately however there is short term treatments that make your hair straight but i think the longest is probably 3-4 weeks of it being permanently straight and then you'd have to get it done again which all together would probably be very expensive to keep having done

• Its possible, but only if you're born with it..

• its not possible.