Should I feel less of a man when a girl says im like a brother?

I always feel less of a man, or almost shameful when a girl says or I realise a girl I like doesn't like me in that way and sees me more of a brother type. I can't help but feel like this. Any other guys like this? Should I feel like this?
i literally have no girls that say I'm attractive, I'm a really caring guy and I think that actually hinders me.

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't feel less of a man, just perhaps less of a lover. When a girl says you're like a brother it may bc you're really protective or really close like a really good friend. Basically she's saying you're family. That's not an offense at all, but seeing you may want to be in a relationship with her it may have been one, but everyone else would see it as a compliment. You can find another girl and still be friends with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its okay to be caring but dont be over the top with it. You said most girls dont say your atttactive, well most of the time they are not going to flat out and say it, your going to have to look for the hints. Dont feel bad if she sees you as a brotgerbecause thats her choice. You can't control that, so just leave her alone and start looking for other girls.

What Girls Said 6

• That shouldn't make you feel less masculine, but what do I know...

• She essentially said you're like family. I think that's one of the best compliments ever. I've personally not found anyone worthy of it.

• Why brothers are typically viewed as funny, sweet, protective, manly/boyish and kind of annoying.

• No you shouldn't but you probably need to work on your confidence.

• Caring is a good thing. It doesn't make you less of a man, it means your not for them. Just cause someone doesn't say your attractive, it doesn't mean you aren't. Post a pic and I'll tell you what I think.

• Not at all, it's simply a girl seeing no romantic interest. That doesn't mean you're not attractive, it just depends on the girl and what she looks for. As for me, I would love a caring guy. That's a great trait.

What Guys Said 3

• Nah brah you just have to realize she doesn't think of you that way. She just wants to be friends with you.

You know how you feel attraction to someone and why you make the move to talk to them? Yeah, it's the same thing for girls but they just sit there and do nothing, hoping he'll say something to her.

• Friendzoning is a bitch mate.

• Of course you should, it's the ultimate unintentional put-down from a girl you're interested in.