People who say "oh that person is way out of their league" - is that statement even true?

I just did an experiment with my mate. I rated these girls out of ten and then i asked him to do the same. I rated them completely differently to what he did. Its includes looks and personality..

My question is, do people agree or disagree that statement is true?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9511-out-of-my-league
    ^A myTake I wrote about this topic a few months back.

I dislike the entire phrase.
    The phrase "out my league" is only based on external aspects.
    I cannot say someone is out of someones league based off of that alone.
    It takes more than physical looks to with-hold any relationship.
    I need to know the internal qualities each person has.

Just because someone appears to be beautiful, and the other person is average.
    I cannot say the person who is beautiful is out of the other persons league.
    For all I know, the person appearing beautiful could be ugly because they are deceitful, a liar and a cheater.
    The average person could be loyal and trustworthy.
    Then who really is out of that persons league?

I don't really use that phrase because I strongly disagree with it.

• That mytake rings a bell now.. i remember reading that at the time you probably wrote it but completely forgot about it haha yeah i understand what you're saying. Im not sure i agree with it either cause of that experiment i just did

• Yeah, she's good looking too

• Thanks for mho :)

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, I would agree for the most part of it.

• It depends but I think most of the time people say that because they are not secure in having chance with that person or doubt the person would want to be with them. It could be true if you just know that you are not compatible or that the person has expectations that you are not able to meet.

• I've seen really pretty girls with not so great looking guys

• No in a way, leagues don't exist.

What Guys Said 6

• No, it's really not true at the end of the day. You see a lot of guys whining when they see another guy *they* think is a loser with some really fine girl. They'll bitch about how it's unfair that that guy got that girl, insinuating that they're better than that "loser" and they should be able to get girls like that. It's all pretty pathetic, and it stems from a lot of guys' lack of understanding of girls.

Most young guys assign huge value to a girl's looks. Maybe 80% of their attraction is based purely on her physical bearing. Girls, though, are different. To them, a guy's looks are important, but only make up maybe 30% of their attraction to the guy. Other things like personality, achievements, etc. ultimately matter a whole lot more.

For me, I'm by no means the best looking guy, but I'm able to date beautiful girls because I'm tall, big, and I'm confident enough in myself to approach them and ask them out. Most guys pussy out before they even talk to the girl because they've convinced themselves that the girl is out of their league. It's a self-defeating trap, so I'd suggest that people stop thinking like this.

• It's not so much that someone's "out of my league" so much as more of they're not a match in terms of don't have anything in common and our conversations don't flow well.

Saying someone's out of my league is defeatist and saying I'm too good for someone who likes me that I don't find physically attractive is arrogant.

It's not a black and white thing. There have been many people who are gorgeous, decent, ugly in my opinion that I share common interests with and ones I don't. But while appearance matters somewhat, you gotta have some things in common. You don't have to be exactly like like the person though. All I'm saying is, you can date the most physically attractive girl but if you have nothing in common then it probably won't last and may just end up being a hookup.

• The ratings and leagues are all flawed because everyone has different views.

• Leagues are a state of mind... If you want someone that's "out of your league," what's stopping you from being the person you have to be for them?

And no, I don't see it as changing who you are so much as I see it as self-betterment...

• How you you rate personality on a person YKU don't know?

• Leagues only exist if you're extremely shallow.