Is it true that women respect you more when you stop being so nice to them?

I've known this girl for like 6 years or so... I've been really nice to but she's always blamed eevveerrryytthhiinngg on me, her actions, all of my fuck ups, she treats me like shit. Like she lies to me... Tells me stories about other guys she's fucked and she knows how deeply in love with her I am, (or was.) Anyways, I usually wake up the minute she text me at like 4 am or so but last night she texted me and I just felt stupid for always waking up and responding to the sound of my iPhone buzzing at like 3-4 am every other day. So I just dismissed her and said good night.

Is it true that women respect you more when you act like you don't care anymore? or do they think you're a jerk?

• They learn to respect you more
  • They think you're a jerk
  • They usually just move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes act like a jerk and see how far it will take you 😕

• So what am I supposed to do? Keep acting like a chump and let her walk all over me like a door mat?

• You need to just be nice and not let people walk all over you. Its not rocket science. If you are nice and that person doesn't respect you, move on.

• And please dont play games either with texting. Its lame. Just be direct.

Most Helpful Guy

• Total dick and total nice never win. You need to balance it. But douche is always stronger than nice in the pick up game.

• When a girl is a total bitch or cunt that doesn't work either.

• Depends on how hot she is. If the biggest bitch is smoking hot, she could still bang more guys in a month than the average male will get in his lifetime.

What Girls Said 7

• If you think she treats you like shit then why are you still talking to her? Don't be a doormat. But also don't be a total douchey because then you're no longer going to be viewed as relationship material.

• If a guy acted like he didn't care, then i would just walk away. I would cut all contact with him if he started being mean towards me

• So basically there's no winning?

• If he remains the same as always then i would stay. If you think she treats you disrepectful then walk away... lifes too short to be around people who have a negative affect on you

• You won't find an answer that fits universally for all women.

• Good luck getting laid.
    It's interesting how many guys believe we would actually respect them more when it's obviously not the case.

• If you seen what I looked like you'd agree that I definayely don't need luck in that department... 😆😂😂😂😌 not trying to talk shit but the only reason she has power over me is because I love her... But I don't wanna be someone's bitch

• I do not respect someone more for acting mean to me. If you're a pushover then yeah of course she won't respect you but there's a difference between nice and being a doormat.

• She once cLled me weak, but she knows physically I'd fuck her up and any other guy she puts in my path

• Well I don't know you. I'm just guessing.

• Kay..

• she's never really going to respect you and you can do better.

• How would you know?

• You're right. None of us actually know this girl. So why did you ask what we think?

• I said you in general I wasn't referring to all of them. You just simply told me that she's never going to respect you

• No guys just think that. blaming the women instead of of looking at themselves and how they act.

• This is why I looked at myself and how I acted... Should I apologize for dismissing her or should I stick to my guns and just ignore her

• I don't know, depends on if she is strong willed or a weak pushover.

What Guys Said 7

• First, not all women are the same and respond equally to the same treatment. Shocking I know, they're actually nuanced human beings. In your case, you should stop talking to someone who treats you like shit, not just stop being nice. I think that's simple enough, don't you think? Have some respect for yourself rather than trying to get it from someone who has made you feel bad for 6 years, because that won't work and it wouldn't matter even if it did.

• ^^ This Needs To Be MHO - I Don't Know Why Guys Lets Girls Take The Power - Imagine A Guy Has Sleep On The Couch - Because She's Mad - Imagine It's His House - Man The Fvck Up @ Who Ever Asked The Question To Begin With. You Don't Have To Be A Jerk - And So What If You're A Jerk - Tell Her Call The Cops - She's Been The Jerk With Your Heart - For 6 Years - And Don't Think She Doesn't Fvcking Know It - And It's Because From Day Fvcking YOU Hid Your Sexual Interest For Her - Even If She Texts You- Make A Challenge to Yourself Every Time To Wait A Five Minutes - Before Answering - And Keep Increasing The Waiting Time - She'll Come Around - I Suggest You Spear Your Heat The Trouble - And Move On - She Prolly has A Dick In Mouth Right Now - Don't Fvck It Up With The Nxt...

• @studmuffin1118 your probably rite bro

• Wow that is the most obnoxious thing I've ever almost read through. Just to be clear, I don't agree with what he's saying. Like I said, there's no point being an asshole, being angry, antagonizing her, etc; because that implies being around her at all. I've been in this kind of situation, and the ONLY thing you can and should do is to cut off contact completely, as soon as possible.

• No they respect you when you don't kiss up to them. there's a difference between being nice/respectful and putting them on a pedestal and treating them differently because they're hot women.

• You don't have to be mean but demonstrations of power every once in a while will make her respect you more. Being a dick and showing disinterest are two different things.

• Let me tell you something be nice to girls you want to be friends tease the girls you like and please don't waste your time talkin to them

• Yes I have personal experiences with this and before you ask they were just regular girls

• Girls like d bags so good job. I do the same thing and it works.

• I don't wanna be a girls doormat so I always say it how it is whether they like it or not.

• i think so too