I need help with something. I’m in this tough situation with my wife, we’re having a kid but am I correct in what i'am telling her or is she?

Me and my wife got married 2 months ago. My dad gifted us a 2007 corvette z06. That is my dream car and I always wanted a corvette. 2 days ago we found out we’re having a child. So today my wife said to me “so we’re having a kid and I think it would help if you sell that car, you know just so we have a safety net”. When she said that my heart broke. I told her we can’t sell it because I cherish it way too much and it was from my dad. She thought I was joking cause I always joke around. I was dead serious and I told her once again there is no way I’am selling that car, I only have 2 months with it.

So we barely argue and if we do I let her win them, but this one to me is big. She got mad and was like “so you’re telling me you care about that car more than the financial well-being of your kid?”. I did not answer that. In reality yes I do but I still want this car.

What is your honest opinion on this? This is my dream car so again for me it’s hard just to put it for sale. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are right.

• how can i tell her that? i made her a deal. i said after 2 years i will sell it. Cause after the baby is two, that is when i think the money is going to be needed

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be pissed on many levels , # 1 who goes and sells a wedding gift , come on.# 2 it was a gift from family not just from a friend. # 3 I would take it that she is implying that I am incapable of financially providing for my family. FUBAR..

• financial we're ok. i made her a deal and said i would sell it after 2 years. She said she will think about it

• wow , its your car and I honestly see your point on both sides of this fence bro. maybe within that two years she will change her mind and let you hold on to it

• i talked to her tonight and she said ok to the 2 year thing

What Girls Said 2

• Excuse my candor but fuck yes you're right. Don't sell the car, it's one of your dreams. Children cost money, yes, but take it from a single mother, you CAN have both!

If you're secure financially, this conversation should've never come to fruition. Having a safety net is incredibly smart but there are alternatives to achieving that. What a selfish request. It's a gift from your father.

Next are your balls...

• I talked with her tonight and i told her that i will keep it for two years and after that we can see what we're going to do. She said yes to that, she also said sorry for being a bit "straight to the point" she was just initially worried she told me about the finances. i told her we already have the cash for the first couple of year and what not. so i will be keeping it :)

• Omg... If you can't afford having a baby use condoms!!!

• we planned it together to have a baby, i did not say never wanted to have a baby, but you could say it's bad timing right now

• How did you even plan this?
      If you had planned it, you already knew you weren't financially fit enough to raise a baby and wouldn't be having one.
      If I were you, I'd be pissed at my wife. Because obviously she is very insensitive to suggest selling a gift you so much cherish...

• we wanted a kid and we had some finances going for us already.

I talked with her tonight and i told her that i will keep it for two years and after that we can see what we're going to do. She said yes to that, she also said sorry for being a bit "straight to the point" she was just initially worried she told me about the finances. i told her we already have the cash for the first couple of year and what not. so i will be keeping it :)

What Guys Said 0