Girls and Guys, what does it means when you say a girl or a guy is good looking but "not your style"?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that the girl is physically attractive, but she either lacks a trait that I want or she possess trait that I don't want.

For example, If a pretty girl who is known to be very religious walks into my classroom, then I'll classify her as someone who "is good looking but is not my style". It means that while I do find her to be very attractive, the fact that she is highly religious will be a dealbreaker for me, since I'm agnostics and our differences will surely clash. Her being religious = "Not my style"

"Not my style" is just a slang way of saying "They don't fit my preference".

Most Helpful Girl

• You just don't like them.

What Guys Said 2

• Like they're good looking, but for some reason you'd rather date a girl who is just as good looking or even slightly worse looking, because that girl IS your style.

Hard to explain.
    Like, let's see... Megan Fox is good looking. But I'd still much rather rather date/be intimate with my crush, who I'd give the same rating. Kinda hard to not be biased though since I like my crush for her personality too...

• He dresses like a fuckin nerd

What Girls Said 5

• Well, it's like saying roses are pretty flowers but i like lilies. You acknowledge the other person's attractiveness but you wouldn't go for the looks.

• It means that Adam Lambert is hot but he's too feminine for me. (Well he's gay so it's not like I could have him anyway)

• meaning they look hot but I wouldn't ever date them.

• It means that the person is not what you're usually attracted to

• He is a good face but I don't feel any attraction towards him.

Or his clothing style may not be my style if that is what you mean by style.