My boyfriend plays a sport that completely turns me off?

My boyfriend plays a sport that COMPLETELY turns me off... He is a very nice guy, he's cute, great personality but then i find out that he fences and im not saying its a bad thing, i just dont find it completely attractive. What do i do about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a question for you: Who the fuck cares?

Sports don't exist to turn you on, nor do guys play them for that reason. We do it because WE want to. We don't need the approval of a teenaged girl.

Now, what do you do about it? You have two options. Option 1 is to do nothing and let your boyfriend do whatever sport he wants. Option 2 is to leave him so he can find a girl that wouldn't complain about the sports he plays.

Most Helpful Girl

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA fencing.
    Well, I used to be like you. I used to be turned off if I found out a guy swam for a sport. But then I started to get really healthy and go to the gy and everything. Now, even if a guy was a swimmer or did fencing, it's a huge tick on him. To me, any interest in something physical is a good thing because I have been with men with no interest in sport and health. Anything is better than nothing. If he likes fencing, he's more likely to want to do other active things with you. Like going to the gym together, hiking together etc. I love a guy who's go hiking with me and who could keep up!

What Guys Said 10

• Oh my god your boyfriend does something you don't find completely attractive, oh my GOD. OH MY GOD!!! What will you do?

• Not to make fun of your question, but fencing? That's your turn off? What if he was into anime and watched that for 14 hours a day? Or refused to go outside? Trust me, if he's doing something active, that requires a lot of skills, both mental and physical, this isn't about him, it's about you. And I'm not saying you should love it, but you need to be more supportive.

Note: not trying to insult anime or leeks

• What do u expect from under 18 girl

• If he enjoys it , let him do it - You can't control your SO's life

• That is terribly shallow.

• You let him enjoy his hobby. I don't understand why you have to like everythong he likes.

• He fences. That's awesome.

• That's only on par with sailing and backcountry camping on the list of coolest sports.

• To fix it let him fence, and get yourself into a sport that you like. when he sees you enjoying yourself in a sport he will most likely want to join you in the sport. It can be as simple as a run in the morning together or doubles tennis.

• What's wrong with fencing? I've been thinking about taking it up to improve my reflexes.

• I second that motion.

• Yep, I mean I don't know how I feel about doing it as a sport, but I'm going to make it part of a workout regimen. Not much good to be strong without good reflexes.

• What about it turns you off?

What Girls Said 4

• Before I even clicked, i knew it would say that you're pretty young.
    Because that's ridiculously shallow. Why does it matter?
    Hopefully you'll get over that stuff as you mature.

• Hahah could be worse... you can't DO anything, it's a hobby just support him... if I was you I'd get lessons from him in fencing, no thatd be fun

• You should love him for him not for what sport he plays
    And what wrong with Fencing?😕

• Sounds like you're shallow