My boyfriend does'nt have a job or a car?

What should i do? he's taking a break from school for a yeah to try out for Ninja Warrior :/
when he met my parents they said... well they said it was a bad idea and i agree but i have to encourage him.
And i have my car, and my money. I pay for everything. doesn't he ever feel demasculinated? Like less of a man?

And like, im not a gold digger, I've turned down many wealthy guys but it would be nice for him to buy me SOMETHING. Like a piece of gum out of the gum machines at malls. For 25 cents. I would cry of happiness if he did that
Im crying now just thinking about him buying me something

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like a fantasist - Ninja Warrior - Dump him

• I should dump him, but i want to stick with him, and encourage him, although 1/10000 people win... and those people have different bodies. Likea YEAR to just try out. He ovbiously wasn't thinking about me. How neglected i feel

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have to encourage him at all! How would you feel if he said he was taking time off to train for Wheel of Fortune? It's nonsense! What happens if he doesn't make it this year? Then he'll want to "train" another year?

It's important to have goals, but they need to be realistic and consider the other people in a person's life. I have a hard time seeing how he's doing either of those things right now.

• Yeah i know he's not gonna make it but i keep telling myself, he will grow up. Like.. he wanted a kid a month ago and he grew ouy of that. Thank god

• He sounds like he still IS a kid. He's not going to work out how to grow up until people stop enabling him unfortunately :/

What Guys Said 10

• Some people don't mind living off others. They are called moochers/leeches and that is what he is.

I would feel like a loser in that situation.

• does he have like no ambition?

I have a job and I'm about to get a car at age SEVENTEEN

• I got my car cuz i worked a full time job and saved the money and baugt it myself

• U would be the perfect man. Any girl who would date you, lucky girls

• I would dump him

• you have to in a way light a fire under his ass, dont be mean but u need to tell him to get at least a part time job and address calmly but assertively that you can't pay for everything

• I mean yea he should have at least some type of income I don't know how some guys can live like that

• So what? Even I don't have...

• Yeah but are you gonna waste a year of your life ignoring your girkfriend most of your time to try out for some fantasy? Try outs are hard. Even if he passes the try outs he will be trainig for another year for the real thing. Like he's neglecting me for for fantasy

• Only if you continue to

• You are absolutely an awful "girlfriend" and human being.

• What? Im confused

• @asker See what I mean? It's all about you. You truly are an immensely selfish individual. You didn't once make a single mention about handling it and you directly made mention of yourself. From your very first selfish post and ending with this recent post it's all about you, every single thing.

Get over yourself and stop considering yourself some amazing chick because until you do, nothing is going to change for you with that selfish and "me, me, I" attitude.

• Ohhhh ok. I've been busy with work and school and you just troll me. Probably single too. Get a life.

• If their love it's fine but he needs 2 work soon

• That sounds silly, I could understand the break but no car or job? What does he expect to do? It's a bad idea and he will feel stupid after losing you

What Girls Said 2

• This reminds of that one song...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrLequ6dUdM
    Heh, but seriously, it sounds like he needs to get his sh*t together. I doubt he feels emasculated. Life sounds pretty easy for him, actually -- he's got a girlfriend who has a car and pays for everything.

• I was thinking of RESPECT I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO ME.

*OOOO YOUR KISSES, SWEETER THAN HONEY, BUT GUESS WHAT, SO IS MY MONEY*

• Respect by aretha franklin

• Let me ask you this, if you didn't have a job and a car would he be dating you? I dont need an answer but i encourage you to give yourself the honest answer.