How should I answer to a movie/date invitiation if I am not really ready for date now, for only now?

So, this guy has been texting me and stuff and he asked me for a movie date. Eventhough I kind of like this guy and want to give one chance, I am not ready for a date now. Maybe later! So, literally I want to say no for this time, but also dont want to make him think that we can't do it later.

P. S. Sorry, if it sounds complicated (not my native language)

Most Helpful Guy

• First, going to watch a movie isn't really a date. Dates involve getting to know the other person, so not talking for two hours doesn't really count. But if you're still on the point that you're just not ready to go out at all, then you really need to talk to him. If a girl told me that she's not ready to date but she wants me to ask her out later, or that she implied that she wants to date later, I'd think she was just keeping me on the hook since she's interested in someone else. But if they don't work out, you will. So it's a tough one, so the best shot you have is to talk to him, face to face and tell him you are interested and to tell him when you'd like him to ask you out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him you would like to keep talking to him for awhile longer before you go on a date with him. Be honest. If he can't accept that, then find someone who will and who thinks you are worth the wait. NEVER ever do something you are not ready to do or aren't comfortable with. The most important person is you. If you are not happy then you cannot make someone else happy. If a person truly likes you, they will understand how you feel. And if they REALLY REALLY like you, they will have no problem waiting until you are ready.

What Guys Said 1

• Say that it's a bummer that he had to ask now because at the very moment you can't BUT you would absolutely love to a little bit later. And then ask him when would be fine.

But make sure you don't make him wait too long or he will move on.

What Girls Said 1

• It depends what you mean by later. Is it a week or two, or months. If it's a short amount of time, why not. But if it's not, you can't ask him to wait for you.