Be honest... Would you try to change your girl/boyfriend if you didn't like something about them?

It doesn't even have to be forcefully. Would you at least try to talk/seduce them out of their ways?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, of course. With time, affection, and patience, you CAN chage someone! This is a good way to test their level of affection; if they won't even TRY to change for you, then you need to rethink the relationship!

• Love this answer :)

• sometimes

• Thanks for the MHO... I have changed, for example...

Most Helpful Girl

• One of the most important parts of a relationship is accepting that both of you have flaws and learning to deal with them. If it's something small like leaving the toothpaste uncapped, that's easy to fix. If it's something bigger like how the respond when you are talking about things you like or how they act around your friends then you need to reevaluate some things.

To answer your question though, no. If there was something really big about them that I didn't like I probably wouldn't be with them. If it requires them to change who they are, no.

• You're absolutely right

What Guys Said 5

• Yes I would but it would depend heavily on what it was. For example, if she was really impatient or pessimistic or had a bad habit then yea. But if it was something like... she didn't like video games or she was really interested in football then no I wouldn't change those things because they aren't problems and they are simply what she likes/doesn't like. I wouldn't try to change something that is part of who she is.

• Unfortunately, the only person you can change is yourself. No matter how much influence you have on a person, how much you love them, you cannot make someone change unless they want to. Now, having said that, if there are certain habits, like wanting them to leave the toilet seat down or stop eating in bed, this is easily resolved by telling them and showing them it's really important. People change to accommodate the other person if they care. But most habits, styles, ways that people have, isn't that why you started dating them? Everyone has things that can be improved, and everyone has things they would like to change about their partner, but you have to just tell them how you feel and let them choose that for themselves.

• Yeah if i can

• Okay I was just wondering because most people say if you really love someone, you wouldn't try to change them

• Well i believe the opposite, because suppose you love someone and they are doing something wrong, if i truly love them i will not watch them doing wrong i will try to correct them.

• Omg Yes ☺️

• absolutely not. I had a girlfriend who wanted me to change my ways. I tried to change myself for her, even though I was happy with myself. And then I got depressed and left her.

• This kinda happens anyway. A successful relationship is one in which both partners make compromises.

What Girls Said 7

• Well, I try to change my boyfriend in that he's not really the kindest person :P He's too blunt and he doesn't really care if he upsets someone if he thinks he's in the right. He also doesn't really notice when it's getting past a joke and someone's getting upset. So I generally just squeeze his arm when he's going too far, and he usually notices and stops bugging someone so much.

• Well thats actually a good reason to try and change someone lol

• Never. If I didn't like something about them, either it just isn't meant to be or its something little.
    You should never try to change a person-EVER.
    They are who they are and you should have no control over that, if its something minor so what? We all have our differences and if its something major, I can always move on.

• True true

• Haha omg, I feel you! Similar thing has happened to me lmao!!

• We gotta work on this haha

• If it is something bad for them or is, then yeah.

I would not change something like this-- I can't stand the morning throat clearing noise. So if he does that, I won't really say anything.

But if it something like this--- gambling, playing video games 9 hours straight, etc, then yeah.

• 9 hours straight? Haha, I take it you experienced that one before

• probably, im a pretty controlling person

• Yes. I would. What martyfellow said

• Yes, I tried to, with my ex. He was quite a player, and couldn't stop flirting with other girls. I tried to do my best, but unfortunately it didn't work, and we broke up.

• I done that before but now i'm thinking "why i done that? i'm so stupidos"