How can I lose my fear of approaching girls that I find attractive?

I know that I'm not good looking, but I really want to have that confidence when it comes to approaching them. I can have a conversation just fine with girls, but it's that fear of rejection that I have that keeps me from doing it. That's why I haven't been with a girl in a while because of that. Although today it's hard to approach them because some look mad all the time and they are also on their phone a lot which makes me think they don't want to be bothered. Any advice would be great because I really want to be good at getting girls. I'm tired of this fear of approaching.

Most Helpful Girl

• well u gotta ask yourself why you're scared.

u kinda have to make yourself look real stupid in the end of that thought process.
    example: 'ok what makes a good looking girl scary? what stops me from approaching her? whats the worst that could happen if i just said hi? and why is something so simple like this bugging me so much? i feel like I'm overthinking. dont girls do that? 'damn...'

haha u see? women dont bite. just chill :) if she's down for a conversation, u know she's cool. if she's stuck up, then do u wanna hang out with that kinda girl anyway?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wanted to tell you a quote I've been using for this: "When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things." The truth is, confidence is not the absence of fear. Nor is courage or bravery. Fear is always there, as it is meant to be. You are afraid of rejection. You are afraid she'll accept you. Humans are afraid of so many things, yet we persevere and struggle. And there are a lot of things to gain confidence. With girls, it's not worrying about what they're going to say. You can't control what they're going to do, but you can control how they might perceive you. Put on nice clothes that make you feel amazing. Wear cologne that enhances your smell. Talk to yourself and say the truth, that they're just as scared as you are. And practice. The only way to get good at anything is to do it, many times.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• get your self talk right and everything else will fall into place. get the book "What to say when you talk to yourself" and read it cover to cover and then put it into practice

• By just not expecting anything and just go have a casual chit chat