Dating out of your league anxiety, does it exist?

This girl i've been talking to for the past 5 weeks or so told me that she doesn't want to date me cause she thinks im too good looking for her and have too much going on, was this a cop out? How can I reduce her supposed anxiety? I like this girl a lot, we've seen each other almost every day for the past 2 weeks but she says that if we were together she'd be too nervous. How does this make sense? If she really liked me why wouldn't she be willing to give me a chance?

Most Helpful Girl

• Date someone in your league. This won't end well for you

• SO girls really rather just not even try at the risk of it going badly? What happened to taking a leap of faith lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I had that all the time, not because of looks but intelligence. They thought I would get bored with them. I would try to joke about it. "Look at things from my point of view. I'm like a hummingbird, to me almost everything seems to be moving slow. I'm used to it."

What Girls Said 2

• If she starts dating you shell constantly feel the pressure to compete with the other pretty girls around you, your female friends etc. I do believe her when she says she's scared and insecure, I'd feel the same way if I thought that the guy I'm seeing is way hotter than me. just make sure to show her how much you care about her.

• I wouldn't say i'm way better looking than her, I mean I have had prettier girlfriends, and I've seen pictures of her exes and they were kinda dorky. She's a pretty girl and in all honesty im not that shallow either.

• I'm female, but I don't understand her at all and I really can't help you, lol.

What Guys Said 2

• It does, the same for guys dating a girl they feel is too good looking for them. But usually this issue is addressed even before the first or second date. If that's her excuse, there's really nothing you can do other than assure her that you think she looks beautiful. Tell her you can't control how either of you look but you'd still like to be with her.

• It exists
    it's a bigger problem than you think