Should I be talking to her?

I have been talking to a girl I knew a few years ago when we were freshmen in college we are now juniors. But I hear lots of people say that your girlfriend should be the only girl you talk to. But this girl that I have been friends with is the most amazing girl you'll ever meet she's insecure but the most upbeat person even through all the hell she's been through. When we talk I know she still likes me because she's pretty much told me but tries to control her feelings since she says I can't have her.. because I'm taken.. I really like my girlfriend though and I haven't seen this girl in a few years because she won't come see me on beak at work since I have my girlfriend. (Me and my girl work together) . So I don't have any real idea If ill still like her. But we did hang out she was perfect to me. I always told her she was beautiful because she was she thought that she was over weight and fat even though wasn't. My girlfriend is reality she's someone I see someone who I know I like. But I don't think she would have a issue with me talking to this girl. Freshmen year I really think I could have married her but life changed and got in the way.. but to be honest I'm not sure my feelings for her have.. even though I do have my girlfriend. I just don't want to dump my girl because what of this girl I knew as a freshmen has changed. HELP!

Most Helpful Girl

• You should talk to her.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's clear you're conflicted, but dumping your girlfriend for another girl is wrong. If it's going to fail, it should fail on it's own without the influence of others. And if you do just want to talk to this girl, you should talk to your girlfriend about it. How would you feel if you found out your girlfriend was talking to a guy she thought was better than you? Not very good I bet. So just tell your girlfriend you want to talk to this girl who is a friend. It's hard having friends of the opposite sex, but not impossible.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• My advice would be to slow down, and take a breath. Try and fix what's wrong with your current relationship, and learn to move on from someone like this other girl. She shouldn't feel like she has to give herself up to you, that isn't healthy. Beside if she changed her mind now, she could change it again 3 months down the road. Be a man, and figure out if you're willing to dedicate your time to a woman before you become her boyfriend. No offense but people jump into the whole bf/gf thing too quickly these days. Take it slow, put in work, and respect the person you're with to talk to them if there is a problem.

• normally u shouldn't. unless if u wanna break up wid yer girlfriend... seems like u don't fight wid her so y do u wnna destroy it? in my opinion it'd be better to keep this other gal as a friend and only ;)

• yes go right ahead