Guys, I am cat fishing my ex and he wants to meet my "clone". Should I set the date for her and then show up?

I put up a sparse new dating profile ( no pic) and my ex responded (physically I am type). I replied back because i really miss him and want him back. he's been chatting and flirting with fake me for a few months.. When he asked for pictures I found clip art of a model that looks very much like me. He wants to meet this girl now. If i set a date and show up do you think he will be mad and think I'm nuts and leave or feel guilty and leave or will it be like the "Pina Colada Escape" song- we will have a laugh and talk and possibly get back together ( my desired outcome)? Or should I make some w

Ps We broke up over something quite stupid after a fight so I think we could start fresh...
also what if I made it look like I just happen to be there at that particular place and he would just think he got stood up by the new girl?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to be honest, no relationship should ever be built on a lie. Girls complain all the time about how a guy lied to them and now they're broken. It goes both ways, but this isn't just a lie, this is true deception. But you can fix it. Destroy the account and wait for him to come back. If you say your breakup was so small and stupid, the fix should be better, but not if he's going after the 'fake' you. You could use this computer version of you to troll for information like getting him to see how he feels about is ex (you). Eventually though, you need to come clean cause you don't really want to lie to someone you love, it isn't right. Would you feel betrayed if he did the same thing?

What Guys Said 18

• Try reaching out to this guy as yourself in a completely new and unrelated thread and see how he reacts. If he's very cold, you've got to realize meeting him in an ambush is not going to go well no matter what. If he's sort of warm, talk to him a bunch first. When you ambush him you want him to be thinking about you, yourself, at least a little bit and *then* it might be a funny situation and you guys can laugh about it.

But reach out to him first. There's a good chance an ambush is a very bad idea. Remember that you will always have a chance with this guy on some level but you can destroy that completely if you do something crazy in the wrong context (like an ambush).

Good luck.

• I think there's a good chance he will take this as a clever way to get reacquainted. Still, there are no guarantees he won't turn and run and call you names. One wold have to know him personally to really make a good guess at his reaction to this.

But it's certainly worth a try. You've invested a lot of time in this... and after months, it's likely he isn't going to up and contact you again, out of the blue... so what have you got to lose?

• For the love of god stahp with this
    i1.kym-cdn.com/.../facepalm.jpg

• This is kinda sad and surprisingly creepy. I think you should just call it off.

• I don't mean to cause you any offence. However you sound a bit crazy. If you want him back then there are a million other things that you could have done that are better than this. If you showed up and he found out it was you all along. I would guess he would be furious with you and would want to never see you again.

I think you need to move on before you turn into a stalker

• You sound insane... I hope he runs for the hills!!!

• thats so messed up though, i mean i get why you did it but he is going to be mad, you've been stalking and lying to him, that and you used another's photo, what if he ran into her in the street? i suggests you tell him it was all fake be truthful about it, if not for anything but the sake of that other girl.

to be fair he is an idiot for not video chatting to confirm who you are but still. you should stop this, there's no way this could end well. your both only going to get hurt.

• If you trolled me like that for months, I'd be so outta there.

• Break it off and don't go. He's moved on and it hurt even more to know that someone close to him before, is fake cheating. How can he trust you! You been fake person for months.

• "also what if I made it look like I just happen to be there at that particular place and he would just think he got stood up by the new girl?" I think this is a little too obvious to know it's you.

It depends on how much you liked each other, how long you were together etc
    If you've been getting on really well and you feel like it could work then it might be a good idea, be aware it might piss him off when he finds out he's been getting catfished.

• There is a good chance you get fork stabbed.

• You might as well go with your head shaved bald , you are off your wagon that's an awful thing to do to someone

• Not a good idea. It will ruin your chances of ever getting back with him.

• You should stop catfishing, nothing good will come from it. You broke up for a reason.

• he's an idiot for not video chatting first. lol

• Seriously? Catfishing. Grow up!

• You should stop being so desperate/pathetic and move on, it'll help.

• If people ever wonder why guys think women are crazy, I'm showing them this question.